How contrary is this?

Awww Barb. What a nightmare!!

I really don't think this is the time to try to get your head around dieting. You know...time and a place and it sounds like your head has much more important things to do at the moment.

Enjoy yourself, but as you say, you'll be miserable if the weight starts creeping back. Spose enjoying yourself but with an element of control is the best you ask of yourself at the moment.

Take care
hugs57.gif

I very much feel for you Barb. My dieting life was going just swimmingly until my world exploded back in May. I am now 17lbs over. I am pretty sure that the only reason it is not much much more is that I have been training, so doing exercise every day. That's helped with stress management (a bit, although my old 'friend' food is always present, little bugger that it is), and I think it has helped ease my cravings.

So you have instinctively done a brilliant thing by going swimming - aren't we women marvellous?

It's only now that life has settled down that I have felt able to gain some real control.

Be kind to yourself. I know it probably feels like you are in the middle of a hurricane at the moment, but it WILL pass, and you will come out the other side stronger.

Thinking of you

D x

Karion, Dom, thank you so much, it does help me to feel that you understand and support me. I feel very strongly that I must at least keep the exercise going, at least then I can minimise the damage. I know my head will be back eventually and I am not going to keep beating myself up with the guilt stick. I can only take so much punishment and right now I think I am at capacity. Hopefully things will get better and I will be back in coping mode. It does help to know that others have problems and falter, but do get back to it. So will I. Lots of love

Hope things start getting easier soon Barb. It is so hard to focus on diets when so much is going on in your life. I think you are great to do the swimming that is probably so therapeutic too. Hope you can manage to maintain your weightloss until you can focus again on a plan.

Keep in touch. When you want the virtual company!

Dizzy x

Thanks Dizzy, sometimes I wish you all weren't quite so virtual. It would be lovely to see you and speak to you properly. However this is great and such a help. Lots of love

I know what you mean Barb, would it be a fab Xmas bash if we could all meet up, everyone. Impossible though I know but maybe some day on a small scale.

Dizzy x

Hi Ann

Would love to come to the WeMitt meet in brum my in laws are west mids so very convenient but am in Berlin that weekend. Damn!

Hope you can make it Barb!

Dizzy x

Back