Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How did I get here?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by melarnz, 6 August 2011 Social URL.

1. melarnz

melarnz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I've just seen a picture of myself in the background at a friends party.

The pix was of a friend and I am sitting in the background with my back to the camera. My bum is spilling way over the sides of the chair, my light fabric top is pulling and is a bit see through revealing nasty rolls, my arms are massive and I look just awful!!

How did I get this big!?!?!

I lOst 8 stone with LL and felt great, so how have I let myself get this big again.

Although I love LL, I just can't afford it, so I'm trying CD. And am going to start next week.

Anyone else had a similar experience where it feels like u woke up ?stone (insert your own number) heavier than when u went to sleep.

That pic was a definately reality check!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xsarahloux

xsarahloux ~~someday!~~

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I can totally relate! I knew I'd put on weight after losing 9st on lipotrim, but I didn't realise it was 5 stone in 18 months. I saw pics of me and thought I'd had a pillow stuck up my top. My face hadn't ballooned, it has now, and I was still wearing smaller clothes - yes they were cutting my in half but still.

Hopefully starting next week. I need a doctors signature so might be a little delayed. Good luck Hun! I'll follow your progress. xx

4. smc9009

smc9009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.53%)
    I've had moments like that too! Well done for acting positively to it though and starting a new plan x

5. jazzy67

jazzy67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(20.86%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    I know how you feel!! I always knew I had put on weight as I went from a size 14 to a small 18, but when I saw myself in a mirror I didn't seem to look that big, but I had a photo taken when I was doing a presentation at work and OMG I looked so big. At first I could't take it in, as I was wearing a dress that I thought made me look slim (how wrong was I) but I was sat here one weekend looking through photos and came across that one, I just started to cry and asking myself the exact same question 'how on earth did I get to this'. So rather than sit and beat myself up I pulled myself together and decided to do something about it. Here I am, day 7 of the SS 100% and excited about my weigh In tomorrow evening. I have not felt this positive and confident in over 3 years, It is a wonderful feeling. :D

So heres to us all for doing something positive about it :happy096:

6. maddison2009

maddison2009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.41%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge moving to SW
    Same here, I had a photo taken on holiday, me in jeans and a black top, now in the mirror i think 'i look quite nice' in the photo - i look like a blob! I definately see myself thru distorted eyes! Even now i have lost nearly 3 stone, i think i don't look any different! Guess i will have to keep an eye on the scales when i get to maintaining, as i cant seem to trust my judgements from looking in the mirror

7. xkarina24

xkarina24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Me! After seeing several pics of me on Facebook, I have finally admitted how large I have got. I gained 2 stone whilst pregnant, lost 1...18 months later I am now half a stone heavier than when I was 9 months pregnant. I would put clothes on and think I look OK, it's only when I look at pictures I see the truth :cry:

I just need to focus on this diet and keep reminded myself of the hideous Facebook pics.

8. littledoris

littledoris Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(10.34%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet ss
    I went to a 'do' last year, when I was slimmer, had a fab time and had loads of pictures taken. This year when I went to the same annual do I was 3 stone heavier, still had a goodish time but have only got 2 pictures of myself there. The reason being is that I thought I looked pretty good, chose a lovely dress that I thought hid my weight gain quite well. Boy was I wrong! I looked at the first picture taken of me - digital camera - and couldn't believe that was me. It put a bit of a dampner on the evening and left me feeling very self conscious. That was the turning point for me and it made me realise that I have to do something now.
    Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journeys x

9. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Hi, I lost 8 st on LL and put 7 back on, lost 5.5 on CD and am now slowly stepping up whilst still losing. If you want to read my diary thread, I started in March this year and have done brilliantly on CD - have concentrated on making sure stabilisation runs smoothly this time so I never have to return again!

10. NicciUS

NicciUS Member

I had a wake-up call from a photo as well. Was looking at pictures from a family gathering, and thought to myself "who is that fat middle aged woman?" - yes, what a shock, it was me! :/

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

11. melarnz

melarnz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Thanks girls!! Well at least this has had a positive outcome!

12. Bethuk1

Bethuk1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(16.3%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    Hello :) I'm desperately trying to find the willpower to restart Cambridge to finally reach my goal that so far seems to be slipping through my fingers. It's so unbelievably hard to re-start after a long break but I know if I have any chance I just need to get on with it before I put on anymore weight! Here's to us getting this done once and for all!! :)

13. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Years back, after having sucessfully avoided any full length pix for a long long time, I caught a glimpse of myself in my garden, weeding, reflected in my large living room window. All I could see, to my horror, was the width of my hips. What a shock! I can still 'see' myself that day, and the clothes I was wearing (that I mistakenly thought made me look a bit slimmer!).

Sometimes we need that kind of shock to make us take action. To really see ourselves as we are, every extra pound! I cannot go back there, I just cannot. It was awful.

14. S-L-W

S-L-W Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(16.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Eww I have so many of those photo's......It's a real lightbulb moment, dreadful. But I'm grateful that something in my head just snapped and I started on my journey. Feel so good knowing that i'm doing something about it and that this Christmas I won't look like the stuffed bloody turkey!!!!
    Fab losses everyone, best of luck for the future!! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.