how did you know it was time....

My trigger was that I got offered a new role at work, in which my uniform changed and i had 'nothing to hide behind'! I also needed a confidence boost to help me in the new job!

Bee x

For me if was the fact that my baby had just turned 18 months so I could no longer really call it baby weight plus I wanted to feel good & look good again as well as setting a good example to my daughters. I've still quite a bit to go but I'm already feeling (& hopefully looking) a lot better too. As for setting an example to my daughters my 5 year old will ask me if something she is eating is healthy & if she wants a wee treat she'll ask me if there is room for it bless her!!! :D

I'd be a bit worried if my 5 year old was asking if something was healthy and had she got room for it. She shouldn't really be thinking in those terms at her age. I agree it's good to encourage kids to eat healthy things like fruit but I'm not sure they should really be thinking in that way.

Denise

I knew it was time when I broke a loo seat..
Ok granted it was a cheap flimsy one, but it's still embarasing to do..

I knew i'd put on weight and it just kept going on and the clothes size got to a 14. Being only 5ft 1 wasn't good.

So with a friends wedding in July 09 the January I was going to start. That came and went, so did Christmas and 2010 started.

Some of the girls, I work with had join and seeing them doing so well, I got myself together in march and joined. Not looked back since.

Has taken me 9months to loose a stone but i've not been hard on myself and have had treats etc and 2 holidays.

But come January the swimming once a week will start and this last stone has to be shifted.

When me and my dad weighed the same, as he is 1 inch taller and built like a wee barrel... I was terrified to be the same weight so I went and fixed it! :D

sweet pink said:
As for setting an example to my daughters my 5 year old will ask me if something she is eating is healthy & if she wants a wee treat she'll ask me if there is room for it bless her!!! :D

I think that's a good thing, too many parents let their kids have junk all the time and this is why people grow up with weight issues. Kids should know that treats aren't for always, just a little now and then. I can't understand parents who give their kids something they wouldn't put in their own mouths, like people you see taking their kid for a mcdonalds and they're just having a coffee!

fillymum said:
I had hated myself for such a long time and one morning I got up and that was it, the day. I have no idea why but am so grateful it happened.

Same for me. I woke up, saw my parents in the living room and said 'dad, I'm not happy. I'm going on a diet today'...and that's how I started.

for along time i have been depressed about my weight, although i am the type of person that keeps my emotions pent up. that and after we moved there was never a slimming world in this area so my options were weight watchers or going it alone, i lasted 2 weeks at weight watchers completey hated the plans and and didn't like the consultant, i have lost 4st, it put it all back on after a misscarriage and having baby number 6. so now its time to start again, as i was browsing the website yesterday as we do right after christmas dinner lol, i didn't eat much of mine btw i had the flu... and anyways came across the fact that there is a group opening near me on jan 5th, so i am heading along and gonna be one of there first and best members, i love slimming world its the one diet i know i can stick too, but its also the fact that i have a club i can go to that i know will make me stick to it.

I had wanted to lose weight for a while and I knew my eating habits were terrible - but I was always going to start a diet "next Monday" or "the start of the next month". And of course the diet never started. Then my friend starting SW and when I saw her a few weeks later, she looked fantastic. She explained the plan to me and it sounded like something I could stick to, rather than it being a restrictive 'diet'. Also, my best friend asked me to be a bridesmaid in 2012 and I want to be able to wear any style of dress and feel comfortable in it.

I hate clothes shopping!! Knowing that, even as a teenager, my clothes had to be bought from Dorothy Perkins...and now, as a 27 year old, the formal clothes I have to wear for interviews etc have to be purchased from the likes of Evans - when other people are much slimmer and have always been able to shop at River Island or Top Shop.

I also hate the feeling of knowing I'm fat - worrying what other people think of me, when really I know that I shouldn't care what they think.

In short, I need a life change and where best to start than with my waist?! =]

xx

Hi,

Feel a little like i'm intruding but i'm new to the site and joined SW a few weeks ago.

I joined SW as i work in a childrens home and feel that i dont set a good example to the young folk who live there (doesnt help im the biggest staff member there!). More importantly than that, i was/am too self conscious to take them out for meals or shopping which is a big part of my job and one i want to do. Already, i dont see SW as a diet, im rarely hungry these days and eating better than i used to. I now enjoy cooking and have already found some interesting recipes on this site to try! It was the best decision i made!

Back