How do i approach CC after a VLCD???

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Lily21, 12 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Lily21

Lily21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm just finished my refeed week after 12 weeks of lipotrim total food replacement (lost 52lbs :)) Have decided calorie counting is the way forward for me to lose my last stone and a half(ish) and maintain. But i'm struggling to get the 1200 calorie intake recommended by an online calculator. Having lived for the last 3 months on 425 calories a day (in nutritionally balanced shakes) i don't know if i should try to aim for the 1200 straight away or slowly increase my calorie intake over a few days?? I'm afraid that by eating that many calories a day i'll just put weight on.
    Has anybody else on here changed to CC after doing a Very Low Calorie Diet? How did you approach it?
    Thanks for any help. :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I would definitely slowly increase your calories. After losing so much weight in such a short space of time you will be very vulnerable to gaining weight. I think it's 5 days for every 1lb that you have lost (i was reading this only the other day and can't find the study!), which you are susceptible to gaining it back.

I would increase it by 100 a week, i have no clue about these things though!!
  4. kellyshines

kellyshines Banned

Hello maybe start on 1000 cals first with gentle exercise?

good luck
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.