How do i join?

funny how when we start losing weight ... serious weight we want to see ourselves fat... hmmm sure a counsellor would have something to say about that!

But seriously, i also hid from camera's remember photo's at 14 stone something when i was mortified of being the biggest or nearly biggest. Avoided swimming with my daughter till she was 5! yes I said 5!! I'm ashamed to say.. it was only when my hubby convinced me there would be someone as big as me there that i went.. and there was! lots of them!!
Part of my reason is that I gained weight through learning to comfort eat /reward myself.. as a child dealing with my childhood.. well my mum is dead and gone, and much as it'll sound mean.. she was to blame for a lot of issues in my childhood shall we say.. and therefore my shedding the weight is my way of ending it all. Saying it's done and dusted and i'm in control.

I am in control.. whether i say heavy or not, but this is me getting rid of the final legacy...
Gosh now i've gone on! lol

Libbie - I can identify with the wedding thing: I was a size 30 for my eldest daughter's wedding and a whole size smaller (28 :( ) for my second daughter's big day.

I didn't wear a gorgeous 'mother of the bride' outfit for either of them because A. I couldn't have found one for someone as short and fat as me and B. I just wanted to blend into the background in dull colours as much as possible.

I didn't want to be in the photos but of course, as mother of the bride, you can't avoid it. When I look at those photos, I physically cringe as they're truly horrible: I feel that I ruined any pictures I was in (despite people being kind and saying I didn't). I have eyes - I can see. I looked awful.

In February, it will be mine and hubby's 10th wedding anniversary and we plan to have our marriage blessed. I fully intend to wear the beautiful outfit I couldn't wear to any other event (even my own wedding: I wore trousers and a jumper).... and this time I'll be a camera 'tart' and jump in front of anyone who is taking a snap! :D

Oh Debbie how lovly for you,
You will look fab,I know.
I know the "wedding outfit"feeling too, hubbie and I have just done 25years,Still remember the pink spotty tent thing I got married in the only thing I could get to fit even though I did not realy like it.NO photos.
Big blob in boys wedding photos and as you say being mother of the groom could not get out of photos eather.

It will be so much fun for you looking for your new outfit,enjoy that as well as the day.Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Hi Libbie

Firstly, I wanted to say Hi and welcome.
Your story about the car is fantastic and just what you need to keep yoru motivation up. I work in a community team and this means that I regularly have to go out to people homes to see them. I don't drive so have to travel with others in their cars. It is only recently that I haven't fretted about this, as only a few months ago I couldn't fit a lot of the seat belts around me...... I knew that there were only certain cars that I could ride in and if it looked like I had to go out with one of the others I had to find something to do, quickly, to avoid being the one to have to go out! Now i don't give it a second thought and they can't keep me in the office for love nor money he he. I have now just picked up my application form for a provisional license so that I can learn to drive myself. Again this is something that I would not have done in the, not too distant past, for fear of not being able to fit properly into the car.

I hope you enjoy it here and I look forward to reading about the remainder of your journey.

Take Care

Jazzy xx

Hi Jazzy,
whoooo yoiu are doing so well.
What diet ore you on and how long has it taken you?
Would love to read more about you.
Have you got a dairy on here?
Know what you mean about the set belt thing.
Have to keep cheaking I have one on as it is not cutting me in half anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only people who have done it can understand how it feels.
Thats what I love about this site we all understand.
And being a wemitt is great so many people who understand just what we are all going through.

Hi Libbie

I am doing the Cambridge Diet and started on March 17th this year. At last weigh in had lost 9st and 1lb so everything seems to be going to plan. I am amazed at how quickly the weight comes off, I can't think of any other plan where this would happen.

I haven't got a diary. as when I started I sort of thought "who would want to read about me". It's a shame because I find others diaries brilliant to read and very inspiring and it would probably help to look back over it every now and again. Oh well never mind.

Your doing great too Libbie....... Not too far left to goal:)

Jazzy x

Hi Jazzy.
Yes I agree CD is great the weight just seams to melt away,as a friend of mine(also doing cd and lost over 6st)said it is the closes thing to going to bed and waking up slim!!!!!!!Over 9st in 6mths that is something,Ithink you are great.
I still find it hard to belive that it works,even harder to belive that I have stuck with it for over 8mths.
We will both get there.xx

I'd never thought of it like that..... going to bed and waking up slim. I might have to use that in the future!! It's true.

Jazzy x

Back