How do i make Celeriac chips

Chips are easy. Just peel, cut into slices and either brush with oil and put in the oven for 30-40 minutes or shallow fry. The oven ones are really nice if you grate parmesan on them.
Another really nice thing to do with Celeriac is the following recipe... I can't remember which low carb site I found it on originally, but it's a great hit in my household and tastes absolutely sinful <g>

Celeriac Dauphinoise

1 celeriac
300ml double cream
100 grams mature cheddar cheese, grated
Dried mixed herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
Optional 2 cloves garlic

Cut the celeriac into quarters then peel. Slice the celeriac into 5 mm thick pieces. Place a layer in a baking dish and add some double cream and dried herbs, salt and pepper. Continue layering up. Place in a hot oven 200 centigrade and cook for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and add a layer of grated cheddar cheese. Place back in oven and cook until cheese is golden brown. Serves 4

i don't peel it, i just scrub it.
then i either cut into 'chips' and deep fry, or i put in the oven with other veg and butter and olive oil and roast, or i put chunks of it around a piece of meat, slow roasted, yum!

It definitely needs a really sharp knife and strong biceps to peel it, LOL. Sorry, I should have said that. I think Marty has the right idea about just scrubbing it but personally I'm a bit OCDish about making all my chips a perfect shape.

I use a really sharp knife to peel and cut mine. Its super easy if the knife is sharp enough!

Definitly going to have to dry the Dauphinoise. Sounds super tasty! I usally just make fake roast potatos and chips!

I tend to par boil mine after soaking them in water with loads of salt and a little lemon squeezed into it.

Takes the 'tart' out of it...

Then fried......nom!!

Yummy - my favorite:D. I let DH chop as my arms too weedy for the task (and probably knife not sharp enough)! ;)

What does Celeriac taste like?

I've never tried this veg but the above suggestions and recipie makes me want to! what is the net carb per 100g raw or cooked? Thanks. Lucy.

Now thats a bit debatable. The one I buy says 5g carbs per 100g, but I've heard others say its more like 7g.

My fitness pal tells me that 100g celeriac, boiled, is 6g net carbs.

I vote for 6 becuase its in the middle! lol!

I do the chips with a bit of paprika on them and they are delish!

Back