How do I make porridge?

Starry26

Hello all!

How do I successfully make a good porridge? Do you put it in a bowl or a cup?

Advice greatly appreciated

x

Hi Ya,

I just make the porridge up with boiling water, i keep adding water untill it is the right consistancy for me..:)
I put mine in the micro for about 50 secs..
I use a microwave saucepan, (a little plastic pot with a handle) you need to use a deepish sort of pot/bowl otherwise it overflows and u loose half your porridge:(..lol.

x

Ooohh I'll try it like that, I shall report! Thank you v muchly x

Oh dear, it tastes like Wallpaper paste.... not that I've eaten paste. :(

I have to eat this bloody thing now.... bad times.. It's really thick.... I followed the water amount on the packet, even added a couple of sweetners.

x

Hey i have an electric whisk and blitz it with that before putting in micro... also use boiling water.

if its too thick just add some extra water from the kettle to thin it down. Also try to not use boiling water straight from kettle as I found it makes the texture funny, try leaving the water to cool for 10 minutes or so first, it really does make a lovely porridge

Oh dear, it tastes like Wallpaper paste.... not that I've eaten paste. :(

I have to eat this bloody thing now.... bad times.. It's really thick.... I followed the water amount on the packet, even added a couple of sweetners.

x

Hi Tara, a little to perk it up is after cooking to add a spoon of one of your flavoured shakes, maybe toffee and walnut, stir in and tasted lovely!

xx

Hi Tara, a little to perk it up is after cooking to add a spoon of one of your flavoured shakes, maybe toffee and walnut, stir in and tasted lovely!

xx

I have often wondered about this. When i read things like - add some of a vanilla shake and make coffee, of add some of this to make that etc. Do you take that shake (or whaever) from your weekly allowance. So, if you get 21 for the week, do you only then have 20 becasue you are using one for your coffee or whatever or can you like have an extra one to use throughout the week.

Thanks everyone,

I may have to try that

I let the water cool, added 2 tab sweetners to 140mls water to dissolve before adding to porridge mix, whisked it with my electric stick blender, put in micro for 50 seconds.. I think i'll get one from the CDC on sunday just to try it again...:jelous:

I guess it just takes some perfecting...

x

I have often wondered about this. When i read things like - add some of a vanilla shake and make coffee, of add some of this to make that etc. Do you take that shake (or whaever) from your weekly allowance. So, if you get 21 for the week, do you only then have 20 becasue you are using one for your coffee or whatever or can you like have an extra one to use throughout the week.

Yea good question... like a lot of people use vanilla shake to add to coffee to make a latte..
x

Hi mia, the best thing to do would be to use the open sachet for your next shake, and that way it all equals out nicely, when is say a spoonful i mean a tsp so it's only a small amount but helps to make the porridge much nicer.
x

re vanilla latte I have that as my pack, I just add coffee to it.

Back