how do you all cope with weekend?

vixp

Gold Member
Hi all, im really strugging with staying on plan at weekends it seems like my will power just goes and i dont know how to say no to bad things was just wondering how everyone else manages to stay on plan xx

I find planning is the key. If I'm going to a party I often take a pasta meal with me to eat when they order take-away. I also find that if I eat a big SW meal just before I go to a friend's then I don't fancy the snacky things because I'm full. If I know I'm going somewhere at the weekend I try to save at least 5 syns per day through the week. (and after all of that advice I had a really bad weekend at my niece's christening. :eek: )

I really am considering avoiding social situations when it gets to monday i feel really down because of what ive eaten over weekend :-( xxx

Flexi-syns! I had forgotten about flexi syns, but an article came up on the sw website (I do sw online) about it. You allow yourself x amount of syns over what you normally have on a given day.

If you have a special even to go to, or are just having a bad day. But you don't need to make those syns up, so you stop the cycle of feeling bad about eating, which for me is key. I used to be the type where if I had a bad day that was it, it would turn into 2 days up to a week! So I have decided to give flexi syns a try for my occasional slips or special events and not punish myself for it as it only makes you feel and act worse!

x
Steph

I plan in advance the meals we will have over the weekend, and 99% of our meals during the week and over the weekend are syn free. That means we know in advance how many syns we can use if we want a couple of glasses of wine and make sure I only buy in wine that we have syns to cover.

I also tend not to have syn worthy things in the house generally - i.e no chocolate, crisps, etc - which means it's not there is we do get the munchies.

We do tend to be at home most weekends so it makes it easier to plan in advance. But we have now had 2 bad weekends in a row where we've been away or had friends staying with us - and I know I am looking at around 3lb increase come weigh in on Wednesday (over 2 weeks as I missed WI last week). But am I worried? Not at all - I know why I've put those pounds back on and I know they'll come back off just as quickly when I stick to plan 100% again.

And yesterday proved a point - we used to very often have Dominoes pizza most weekends pre SW. We ended up with some last night as we had friends over, and I was really looking forward to it. Was really disappointed as I just didn't enjoy it in the end - bland, greasy and just generally yuck - and it's taken away the craving I used to get for something I couldn't have!

Remember that life doesn't stop when you do sw! There are loads of things you can do to make sure you still enjoy yourself and social situations aren't scary!

1. Takeaways- look at your book, there are sw friendly options. Eg. Chow mein, biryani, etc.

2. Plan your meals and shopping for the week. If you don't buy foods that make you feel guilty you can't eat them!

3. Use flexi syns. Occasionally we all have occasions where we need more than 15 syns. To be honest if I was going out for a meal I would have what I wanted and make sure I ate on plan for rest of day and have that meal off only. You may not lose, you may gain, but you will control that gain and not feel deprived.

Sw is supposed to be a lifestyle change, not a diet:)

Hope that helps, the above are what I do, I try not to get too stressed about eating off plan, have to say though, I find it quite easy to go back to eating on plan straight away and I know not everyone does find it that easy. I'd hate to think people are avoiding social situations because of worrying. X

Im going to plan this week i think im going to look at what i enjoy the most be it chocolate n puddings or wine i no i can go out and not drink i did it a while ago the flexi syns are a good idea too thanks every one has been a real help going to give 100% next 2 days as is weigh in tomorrow want to pull some of my badness back xx

vixp said:
0.5 gain :-( xx

Aww Hun, I know it's disheartening but 0.5lb really is a very tiny gain. Keep your chin up, plan your meals and syns you'll need for weekend. Follow the plan, do a food diary and you will have a fantastic loss next week:) x

Thanks im going to try extra hard this week and going to cut out the drink cause thats my problem i gain everytime i drink xx

Like other people have said, I find I need to plan in advance, both food wise and what I'm doing. I buy lots of fruit which I can either put in a box and take with me, or buy snack packs. It doesn't always work, but I'm a lot better when I think ahead. Also my boyfriend is really supportive and lets me have a bite of his cake or ice cream etc, but then he stops me from having any more.

Hi

I make tomato soup and keep in the fridge for lunches,it helps knowing my lunch is a ladle away with no effort,I make sure there's fruit in.
I make sure I make something take away or pub like meal for weekend meals.
My favourites are

Singapore noodles

Chicken chow mien

Butternut risotto

Gammon chips pineapple peas salad

I need to learn some more,I'm aiming to try the fake away kebab x

I took chicken salad lunch box to a Christening last weekend,so I wouldn't eat buffet 'cries' lol

I'm staying off alcohol as it makes me want to eat put McDonalds ;)

What keeps me motivated is the thought of stepping on those scales on a Wednesday ;)

vixp said:
Thanks im going to try extra hard this week and going to cut out the drink cause thats my problem i gain everytime i drink xx

Tbh ive had a few weekends out since starting and even when sticking to diet coke and spirits i still sts. I just took the hit cos i dont go out drinking much these days anymore so wanted to enjoy myself. But if i was going out every weekend i think i would knock it on the head some weekends.

Do you go out or just have a drink at home of a weekend? What would you normally drink? My tips would be limit it to one night, like if you drink on friday have nothing on the other days, only have a drink when you go out, so avoid having any when youre getting ready or just sitting in watching a dvd etc, and do stick to spirits and diet mixers. You could also try having every other drink a diet coke?

Funky_Munky said:
Tbh ive had a few weekends out since starting and even when sticking to diet coke and spirits i still sts. I just took the hit cos i dont go out drinking much these days anymore so wanted to enjoy myself. But if i was going out every weekend i think i would knock it on the head some weekends.

Do you go out or just have a drink at home of a weekend? What would you normally drink? My tips would be limit it to one night, like if you drink on friday have nothing on the other days, only have a drink when you go out, so avoid having any when youre getting ready or just sitting in watching a dvd etc, and do stick to spirits and diet mixers. You could also try having every other drink a diet coke?

I drink wine usually at home or at friends houses xx

Do very badly at weekend. Always have a drink :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

NikkiP said:
Do very badly at weekend. Always have a drink :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Me too normally but i have 42 weigh ins to my wedding and want 3 stone off so giving up the booze n only having it on special occasions xx

Back