How do you boost you Super Free Foods Intake - any tips?

Lily_Cherry

Fang Banger
Hi!

I've been doing EE for about 9 weeks now but have had quite a slow loss (although I haven't been doing it 100% I admit!) I'm really going for it this week but I'm struggling to with super free foods.

Any tips for snacks or things to add to my plate?

Thank you xx

im new 2 sw but also doing EE
i have been bulking out chillis n spag bols n curries with loads of chuncky veg ... onions, mushrooms peppers, ect
n trying to snack on fruit aswell ....

One that I've found thats really good is butternut squash - its free on both plans so superfree, but acts in many ways like a potato, so you can use it for mash, wedges, roasties etc (doesnt get really crispy like potatoes but good enough). A good way of bulking up your plate on a red day.

It was superfree you meant and not super speed wasnt it? I still get confused by those two. For superspeed at the moment I'm eating endless amounts of strawberries while the seasons still going (finding less raspberries around now) then it will be lots of melon once the summer fruits are gone.

Oh Mandy! Yes I did mean Superfree I've got them completely confused and thought they were the same thing! Eeek! I'd better get my book out!

ow I'm confused about whether my leader has been telling me to boost Superfree or super speed foods lol!

Thanks ladies I'll give your suggestions a try x

I'm juggling my existing recipes about to get stacks of superfrees in,plus adding tons of mixed salad to my plate where before I may have munched on crisps instead.

My pre SW chilli would be a pack of mince,a jar of chilli mix and a tin of chilli kidney beans.Now I add a pack of extra lean mince,a red pepper,a green pepper,onions,garlic,tinned tomatoes,red chillies,chilli powder and make my own sauce.Same with the spag bol..instead of a jar of dolmio I use fresh tomatoes,onions, garlic,mushrooms etc so there are the superfrees already incorporated into the meal.
I also do casseroles with the lean meat in and chuck in stacks of carrots/onions/mushrooms/leeks/peas etc.
I think it helps to include the superfrees actually IN the meal sometimes rather than trying to add he third on to a plate as an "extra" if that makes sense?

ohhh and I made a HUGE cauldron of superfree curried veg the other day and popped it into freezer tubs.I used cauliflower,broccoli,peas,celery,garlic,onions,green beans,mushrooms and spinach will tinned tomatoes and medium curry powder.Now I have ready made lunches of superfree curry that I just add a portion of rice or a jacket too.I find that helps having stuff ready just to defrost too x

ohhh and I made a HUGE cauldron of superfree curried veg the other day and popped it into freezer tubs.I used cauliflower,broccoli,peas,celery,garlic,onions,green beans,mushrooms and spinach will tinned tomatoes and medium curry powder.Now I have ready made lunches of superfree curry that I just add a portion of rice or a jacket too.I find that helps having stuff ready just to defrost too x

Thats a really good idea - I think I'll try that for easy work lunches once winter comes - thanks! :)

I make supr free soups, and have a small bowl before eating my dinner. I feel like I am having 2 courses, but in fact Im filling up my tummy so I eat far less actual dinner. Works very well for me.

I use swede instead of potato for mash, I prefer it to spuds now!
Also, I've been banging on about my cauliflower rice but it really is good.
RoAsting veg like onion, pepper, courgette, aubergine makes a lovely change from plain boiled veg!

if you find it quite priccy buying a ton of veg, you can always get frozen peppers, mushrooms, carrots and the like which are cheaper and last longer to bulk up your meals :)

I've always been a fan of having veg with my dinners anyway but didn't realise how much oil I was adding to everything.

Now I have root veg mash, roasted veg, roasted potatoes etc and use fry light oil, butter or balsamic dressing on them and I'm sure they taste better :)

I love using my slow cooker with lots of veg too. I've taken to removing the meat and pureeing half the veg with bovril to make a tasty sauce. Might be an idea for you :)

I use baked butternut squash wedges, celeriac chips, celeriac mash, cauliflower 'rice', etc instead of potatoes, rice, pasta or noodles to add superfree foods to my meal, especially on a Red day.

I have been doing EE for a few months now and agree with some of the above posts that it is much easier to try and incorporate your superfree foods into your meals wherever you can!
Thinks like stews, casseroles, veg lasagnes, Bolognese, curries can all be jam packed with superfree foods so easily when you really think about what is in them.

Also seen a fab recipe for a 12 speed soup (superfree and superspeed heavy) which I am going to give a go this week for a bit of a boost! Just did a google search for it and found a thread on here about it.

I have said this elsewhere recently, so forgive me for repeating myself. I find it helps if you don't think of the vegetables as something to add to your meal, but as the main focus of the meal. Think vegetables first. Instead of saying "I am going to have chicken, what can I have with it" try thinking "I am going to have a huge plate of roasted vegetables, what can I have with them".

One of my favourite things to make (and is in my oven as I type) is spicy cottage pie as it's really warming now the weather has turned, fills me up and goes alongside nicely with veg.

I pop an onion, garlic, mushrooms, peas, sweetcorn, crushed chillies and extra lean mince into a frying pan along with a stock pot. Once the mince is browned off I put it in an oven dish and top with mash potato. I mash my potato using a little milk from my HeX-A and some quark so it's still free. Slap it on top of the mince/veg mix and drag a fork over it as this lets it brown nicely. Whack in the oven for 30 mins. I serve mine with baby sweetcorn and sugar snap. Or carrots and green beans.

Try things like ratatouille, omelettes with lots of veg. Just stock up on lots of frozen vegetables. Asda have frozen asparagus, mushrooms, roasted veg and lots more.

x

I made a really good speed cottage pie (sort of lol) the other day.
Made the base up similar to spag bol with garlic, herbs, spices, pasata. I grated 2 onions (can't stand big pieces lol, 2 corgettes) and chopped mushrooms, fryed them and added them to the sauce. also added half a bag of quorn mince. I topped it with carrot and swede mash with salt, pepper and quark. I'm not sure which veg is f/s/ss but either way I think I've got a good amount in there :D been eating the leftovers for 2 days too

Back