Extra Easy Days How do you get 1/3 in when having meals like curry or chilli?

Great stuff thanks for the replies :D
Only just started my second week of sw so still a bit of a newbie to the whole diet.
I didn't realise the passata was a superfree food, I do use that for my chilli. I have been trying to pile in the peppers and onions etc but I think definitely I need to use less meat and more veg!!
When having meals like this I have been making a big effort to reduce my portion sizes where as before they were the same as hubbies!! Now they are much smaller. I have then been having lots of frozen berries for desserts too.
Loving the diet so far and this forum is great, so pleased I found it and there are so many supportive people on here :thankyou:

melon to start the meal! Make a homemade mango chutney. Fruit after the meal.

Tinned tomatoes and onions and mushrooms and peppers and carrots in the curry - side order of mushrooms. Side salad.

I also bulk my chillis out with cauliflower cooked until real soft and squished with a potato masher and carrot too.

I also mainly follow red days so have all those veggies and don't have any rice or potatoes or pasta with it - serve the curry, chilli, bolognaise with vegetables only.

I noticed a recipe for mushroom bhaji on the Slimming World website that I am going to try next time we have a curry.

Like the others I tend to add lots of veg to my dishes rather than having them on the side but I think I'll try having a side salad with my chilli next time. I had one last night and it was hotter than I thought it would be :D

Back