how do you know when you are just to heavy?

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
I just found out - when you sit on a wooden toilet seat and it breaks in two! How the hell can you break a loo seat in half, I know my bum is big but thats adding insult to injury and there may well be injury if that crack pinches the skin when I sit on it next lol.

Oh well more money down the pan as they say.

Awww hon, the blooming thing was probably just rubbish!! Might be one of those experiences that really motivates you tho............ lol.

Keep up the good work, you are doing fab xx

Oh dear, I don't think I've ever broken a toilet seat! Countless crappy plastic chairs at my heaviest but never a toilet seat! I like the fact that you're making a joke out of it though, if you don't laugh you'll cry x

Lol...Ive done this too!!
My turning point was the waking up in the morning with chest pains that did it for me.

i havent broken a toilet seat, but at a friends bbq a year ago, i was on a tree swing and it snapped :(
Laughed at the time, but deap down inside i was screaming and crying - could have died. lol
x

Yes! Cheap plastic one! The other thing that told me was my belly was resting on my thighs, halfway down my thighs! It's still there but t's only at the top! And I can cross my legs without using my hands (if you know what I mean!)

ohh i'd love to be able to cross my legs!
i avoid anything fragile looking as i know if i sat on it it would break

Oh no! Never broke a toilet seat but broke the bed when getting up to naughties :eek::p

My turning point was when i could no longer fit into clothes from Dorothy Perkins and i realised i was spending nearly £100 a week in the pub and on takeaways.

Ah no! I must say ours looks as though it's on it's way out. The wooden ones all crack eventually so I wouldn't take it too personally. It doesn't know any better. lol.

I remember walking in to Oasis and seeing all the clothes looking like barbie doll clothes and thinking "there's no way those trousers would get past my ankles!". I must say I've not broken anything yet, did break the bed but that wasn't weight related haha! xx

Mine was realising i may have to step down as a bridesmaid from my mothers wedding cause we couldnt find a dres to fit that matched my sisters size 8 frame.

.. luckily in the end we did, but it only despressed me more and i turned to food for another 8 months before my mother took me to sw. Il always have her to thank for that. .

x

Not liking what i saw in the mirror, and becoming paranoid about everything that concerned size,
Not fitting into seats on aeroplane when i went to turkey,
Being worried i may get turned away from rides at alton towers for being to big
Edging myself a bit to gently into a patio chair preying it wouldnt break
getting to the kissing gates down the lane and feeling like crying when my tum touches the post when i pass through them!

My worsening health and mobility has done it for me, I want to get some quality of life back before it's to late.

Mine was actually kinda funny, this guy I was on/off seeing told me he didn't want to see me anymore because of my weight and the way my body looked. I vowed to lose weight because I was sick of people like him!

Not liking what i saw in the mirror, and becoming paranoid about everything that concerned size,
Not fitting into seats on aeroplane when i went to turkey,
Being worried i may get turned away from rides at alton towers for being to big
Edging myself a bit to gently into a patio chair preying it wouldnt break
getting to the kissing gates down the lane and feeling like crying when my tum touches the post when i pass through them!

I have avoided alton towers for that reason too,i went about 5 years ago and felt as if i couldn't breathe!!

I realised that I wasn't going out on nights out as I was always the fattest person in the pub and felt really embarrassed.

I so want to hit my thirties healthy and never letting my weight stop me from doing anything!

L xxx

Mine was the back pain mostly. I have bad health and poor mobility anyway but my weight was making things worse. I also find myself worrying before I sit down in case chairs break, try to go through gaps that my body no longer fits though and that kind of thing

Last edited:
Back