How do you make the hot shakes?

rainbow

Gold Member
Ive tried to make hot choc, but it ends up lumpy - so my question is.... can ya make the shakes hot without an electric or hand blender thingy and if so, then how?! x

I empty the pack into a bowl, add hot water and use a little hand beater, but a fork works OK too. The less water the thicker the result.

I have the banana shake hot every night and vary the amount of water depending on how I feel. I don't mind an occasional lump, but the beater gets rid of all the big ones.

Oh - and I don't like the chocolate one hot, but the banana and vanilla are gorgeous :).

Keep trying, you'll work out how you like it.

Hi Vix, I put the choc shake in the mixer with 100 ml of hot water and mix it with my hand blender. Then when mixed add enough hot water as you need.
Are you wandering round Bradley day tomorrow?

Donna

Hi Vix

I dont make a hot shake so to speak, but I do use the vanilla one to make a "latte" which is fab, because I really miss the milk in my coffee. I prepare a normal mug of black coffee and whisk the powder in to make it foamy. The first one I did I felt was too thick, and gloopy, so last night I tried it with more water at least 300ml and it was delicious!! I suspect it would work as well with coffee and a choc shake to make a moccha :)

Jez
xx

thanks girls. hmmm, we may venture down Donna, dunno yet, will you be popping in on the festivities? x

I ALWAYS used a hand blender - its the only way to get it smooth and creamy.

I always used hot coffee, not hot water. But I love coffee.

Sometimes I used Peppermint Tea instead and made a mint-choclate shake - gorgeou hot or cold miced with ice.

Whatever you do, do not add boiling water and shake - it will 'explode'.

yer our leader warned us bout the chance of it exploding with hot water thanks x

Back