how do you make the jelly?!

Yep, I actually don't have MAM - I use gelatine for both jelly and mousses - I use the cheap stuff that's in sachets, cause it's cheap :p and a little less faff than leaf gelatine.

ooh girls dont know if youll be interested in this or not but...
i was looking at this thread about jelly and mousse, id tried the mousse before but didnt like it, this time i added it to a choc tetra and it was lovely, then i tried to make the jelly,
idid..
150ml hot water.
teaspoon of berrie flavour.
scoop of mix a mousse.
and put into the fridge for about 2 hours.
i ttok it out and tasted it, realising for a jelly i should have added maybe another 150ml of cold water.
but.... if you cut up the mixture i made it was like little jelly sweets like haribo etc.
i am going to wait till charlie has opened all his advent calendar and use the plastic tray to make proper little shapes.
the jelly was very strong, but thats what gave it a sweet style flavour....
hope you like this and thanks for the trifle idea, gonna try it tomorrow xxxx

How long should it take to set?? I used 1 gelatine sachet, 1 spoon berry flavour and hot water. When it cooled down, I put it into the fridge. I've just checked it and its still like water, there's no colour to it either.....does this sound right?

its colourless unless you add food colouring, and i used mam, but it took about 2hrs, i suppose it depends how high your fridge is set. xx

ooh i only used 150ml,
i have done another with 300ml and that ones setting as we speak xx

oooh I really need to buy MAM next week lol xx

ooh girls dont know if youll be interested in this or not but...
i was looking at this thread about jelly and mousse, id tried the mousse before but didnt like it, this time i added it to a choc tetra and it was lovely, then i tried to make the jelly,
idid..
150ml hot water.
teaspoon of berrie flavour.
scoop of mix a mousse.
and put into the fridge for about 2 hours.
i ttok it out and tasted it, realising for a jelly i should have added maybe another 150ml of cold water.
but.... if you cut up the mixture i made it was like little jelly sweets like haribo etc.
i am going to wait till charlie has opened all his advent calendar and use the plastic tray to make proper little shapes.
the jelly was very strong, but thats what gave it a sweet style flavour....
hope you like this and thanks for the trifle idea, gonna try it tomorrow xxxx

Shall try that! I loooove haribo :p and the advent calendar idea!

they obviously arent quite as nice as haribo, but as good as were gonna get. will add some colours maybe lol x

Mmmmm, sounds lovely - I'll try some today as I am attempting a come-back!

:confused:jelly?

what jelly? this is certainly news to me.

sounds good though. may try it one day. :)

Back