how do you mix it hot?

vampalicious

Silver Member
hiya
im really looking forward to my choc mint shake a bit later and want it hot, how do i do this please?
am i allowed to use boiling water?

hiya
im really looking forward to my choc mint shake a bit later and want it hot, how do i do this please?
am i allowed to use boiling water?

Hi vampalicious :)

When I've been using shakes I didn't use boiling water personally. I would mix up the powder with a small amount of warm water from the tap. Just till it was like a thick paste. Then I would slowly add water that had been boiled about 5 minutes before, whisking it all the time to try and stop lumps(always had some though!)

Hope this helps and i'm sure other people will be along shortly to tell you how they do theirs too,

Lacey..xx:)

ohhh, and if you've got one of those mini hand whiskers, all the better. If not, I got mine in Tesco for about £1.

Lacey..x :)

thank you Lacey, is that your real name? my 4 year old daughter is called Lacey!! x

thank you Lacey, is that your real name? my 4 year old daughter is called Lacey!! x

NEVER!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:. I've never met another person called Lacey and I am 41 years old. Yep, it's my real name. Laceyann is my full name (thanks Mum:rolleyes:)

wow thats why i asked if it was your real name as ive never heard it either! ( well stacey on eastenders but i didnt get it from her)
i called my Lacey after the character from the film bugsy malone!!

wow thats why i asked if it was your real name as ive never heard it either! ( well stacey on eastenders but i didnt get it from her)
i called my Lacey after the character from the film bugsy malone!!

This is great :D. I know my mum is still chuffed that she chose a name that's rare and I bet you are too as well. Wow, I'm sat here with a big grin on my face :D:D

lol, well my partner wanted to call her Angel!! so we compromised and she is called Lacey Angel lol

I use a jug and put about 50ml of cold tap water in the jug & then fill up the jug to about 300ml with boiling water.

I pour my power into a mixing bowl & then pour the water in & then whisk it with one of those manual whisks that you kept turning the handle and I swap arms, so I work out both arms (it does wonders for my upper arms) and whisk for about 5 minutes (a workout in itself!!!!) the swapping arm bit takes time to get used to, as I'm right handed, when using my left was slow & hard to start off with - now I'm almost as good as an electric whisk!!!!!!

thank you, well i poured a bit of hot water in from the kettle, mixed it up a bit, added more water until i had the full amount in, then i used my electric whisk on it, there was still lumps so i passed it through a sift, lump free!!!
But i didnt like the choc mint, tasted really bland and not very minty at all :( suppose ill get use to them!

Btw, that's my fav shake I have 3 of them a day! For morn and lunch, I add a sweetner and teaspoon of coffee, mix with warm water and I use the hand whisk, then I seive it, ohhhhh so sweet and smooth, a delight! Am always looking forward to them, for evening as I have the last shake at 8pm, I do the same but no coffee. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

i have discovered that the all the choc ones taste so much nicer cold than hot, i think maybe the heat spoils the taste as the choc ornange and mint ones were so much more minty/orangey when cold,
i cant stand the butterscotch one at all though its soo sweet and yukky.

I am having all my shakes warm at the moment - banana tastes lovely warm, so does vanilla (it tastes like thin custard) - I found the fruits of the forest horrible warm, i haven't tried it cold.
When the weather gets better (about march/april hopefully) I will try them cold. I'm looking forward to that, hopefully I will be getting close to my goal. Roll on next summer xxxxxxxx

Back