How do you motivate yourself on a down day?

Enchantedjen

Hi guys,
I'm having quite a down day today, one of the days where it feels so easy to just reach for the chocolate and sit all day infront of the TV, im sure weve all felt like that at some point!
My question is how do you motivate yourself (or others) when you having a particularly down day?

I've got a photo album that I am building up throughout my journey. It has pictures of me before I started, and pictures of me every couple of weeks or so with my current weight and total weight loss written beside them. When I'm feeling down or demotivated, I have a look through that and it reminds me of what I have acheived and why I desperately never want to go back to how I was.

I'm having a rare floppy day at home and spent the last 2 hours watching The Biggest Looser USA! Now they are inspiring! I'm only on week 3 but I have done sw many times, this time its different. I have been promised a trip to America next year when I get to tArget so every time I feel like something naughty,I tell myself I have to wait until America! Its not easy though, make sure you have synned for, or free, treats that you know you can have.

good luck

Ive never thought of doing that thats a great idea! I have a picture of before i started and it makes me feel so depressed whenever i see it, im going to start collecting together pictures of my journey so far too :)

love that programme! and thats an amazing target treat gonna have to have a word with my boyfriend about something like that lol

i look at old pictures of myself.
i think of my 14month old son, that this is for him too. so i can do more an play more with him.
i think of how i used to feel about myself an what i hated.
i look into the future an see the me i want to be
then i think, is this piece of chocolate/crisps/takeaway or what ever i want to eat an not care about.. reallly worth it? it pushes me further back, i may gain that week. an id be dead upset and annoyed with myself.
So yeah that all puts me on track! sometimes it is really hard, but if your goal really means more to you than eating crappy foods then there is a way to do it!

I read through my food diary which has detail about my journey in it--- or look at the inspirational photos section.....always reminds me it's not just me who has hard days....!

This is going to sound dead sappy but I think about the family I want so much, the reason why I'm doing this. Without losing weight it's going to be much harder to get there and there's a possibility that it will never happen at all. It's all I need to keep me going on the days when TTC, dieting and life in general make me feel like disappearing into a hole and never coming out again.

I too look through old photos, I made my desktop pc background a pic of the old me with a big red cross through it! I also put a picture on there of what 5lbs of fat looks like and update it with how many of them I've lost!

I also look at old photos of myself - this seems to be the best way to motivate me and also it brings back happy memories :)

Hey there iloveleeks :) trend out better than I thought in the end, I had a little chocolately treat as syns (sorry Freddo frog) and I picked up a bit from there, denying yourself makes it so much worse!!
I somehow always find days off from work harder than when I'm actually there too!! Weird.
X

Hey there iloveleeks :) trend out better than I thought in the end, I had a little chocolately treat as syns (sorry Freddo frog) and I picked up a bit from there, denying yourself makes it so much worse!!
I somehow always find days off from work harder than when I'm actually there too!! Weird.
X

i snack on freddos too when i NEED something bad! lol. plus there alright i guess in syn value.

Back