How do you pick yourselves up after a bad day/week?

emmaleonie1984

morning peeps, hope your all doing well! Anyway if you have had a bad day or a bad week like me lol, how do you pick youselfs up and start again? :wave_cry:

I just draw a line under it as part of the learning curve for my new way of life! Take today as the first day again, and plan your food, I always find this makes it easier to stay on track. Dont worry about the blip we all have them! x

i go out and stock up on fruit and keep munching on it . and i try to get a positive mental attitude to get out the door and get active

Do a food diary. It seems to keep me on track and more aware of what i'm eating.

If I have a bad week or day you can be sure I won't have written the diary.

If I've had a bad day, then I look back at everything that I've achieved so far and then remind myself of how I used to feel. It is really effective (for me) in having a fresh start the next day.
I've given up beating myself up as that leads to a downward spiral of self-neglect.
I try and remind myself that each day brings a new start and new promises.
x

I look at it like there are 2 roads in front of me- One road is enjoying all the lovely cakes, muffins, chocolate, crisps and food I miss in abundance and one road is an uphill slog of self-control, planning and will power. This is why it is so much easier to pick the first road- it is SO attractive and so much less hassle and very very tempting. But remember that the 'you' at the end of road 1 is overweight, less attractive and unhealthy. Road 2 is the gorgeous new you, who can wear beautiful clothes and walk without getting out of breath, and is going to live a longer happier life.

Every food choice you make takes you closer to or further away from your goal. Draw a line and don't take the easier option that only leads to unhappiness

xxxx

Every food choice you make takes you closer to or further away from your goal. Draw a line and don't take the easier option that only leads to unhappiness

xxxx
Fantastic!
Would you mind if i used that :eek:

Back