How do you plan on tackling xmas

Fingers crossed Shell_y.

Gail x

Christmas day should be ok, as i am assisting in cooking and mum is SW anyway. i think we will do lots of SW friendly food, but will have a flexi day!.
my problem is all the works meals out! working at 4 seperate places there are 3 nights in a row where i am out! eeek.

I'm planning on having Christmas day off to eat whatever I fancy. We aren't getting loads of treats in anyway, so I'll just dip into the Quality Street through the day haha. I'll probably have a glass of Bucks Fizz with christmas dinner too, but that's the only alcohol I normally have on christmas day anyway. I'm not going to worry about syns in the christmas dinner - just going to enjoy the day and get back on plan on Boxing day. I don't mind if I put a few pounds on over christmas but I don't want to go mad and have lots of extra weight to shift in the new year.

I'm doing xmas SW way so I will be sticking to plan 100% especially as I dont really like potatoes or yorkshire puds so makes it easier for me.
I will be saving most of my syns for the wine!

I am going to my mothers for christmas dinner and so like Kevandju5 will be faced with more syns than you can reasonably shake a stick at.

And I am having a day off plan. I have spent the entire year feeding other people all the things they (and I) enjoy and denying those things for myself because I wanted to achieve my goals. Now I have achieved them, I fully intend to allow myself the occasional day off and Christmas Day is most definitely one of them. I shall save all of my syns that week and not worry about what I eat on the day.

Its a one off, its a special occasion and while I view SW as a plan for "life" - there are 363 other days (not counting my birthday) a year where I can stick to plan. Denying myself a giant bowl of christmas trifle, frankly, just isnt going to happen.

:D

For the last 3 SW Christmas years I have gone totally off plan for the whole festive season and it's resulted in a 5-6lb gain. I have struggled this year and have gone out of target range and am struggling to get back there....
So, this year I am not blowing it.
Christmas dinner will be okay-ish, smoked salmon starter, the main meal will be only a bit synful, roasties in a spoon of oil, other than that it will be SW stylie :) Christmas pudding will be the order of the day though.
I'm not buying tins of choccies or biscuits or nuts.
Work/social meals out are as healthy as I possibly can be and I intend to walk my doggy a lot.
I'm not going to be anywhere near as bad as I have been in previous years and I WILL go to the weigh in between Christmas and New Year.

I am going to be 100% this Christmas and try help my mum cook healthy (seems impossible to loves her fat on potatoes) i will prob skip pots so I dont disrupt the flow of cooking in the kitchen because I need a separate oven dish for my fry light pots etc I will have melon balls for starter, turkey and loads of veg for dins and then a fresh fruit salad for dessert, I will use syns for gravy and a glass of wine for dinner.

For me Christmas is like every other day and as, fingers crosses, I will hit my 1.5st tonight (please god) I really am on track and don't want to ruin it, I'm heading to New York Monday for a week and also won't go off plan.. But I think it's up to everyone individually, my brother and sister are both on SW and they have made it clear their Gona eat everything lol x

Food wise its just like any other day, Christmas doesnt have to be over indulgant and to be honest if I tucked into the boxes of matchmakers, celebrations, high fat roasties and nuts like I normally do I would probably feel really sick now! I expect to be flexible with syns to probably enjoy a little more than the 15 allowance IF I really feel I need to but otherwise I just dont want the fact its some hairy dudes birthday who I don't even believe in to knock me off course and undo all the hard work I've put in the past 4 months. I have a big night on New Years Eve so I really want to get into a special dress that night and wont let Christmas ruin that!

I want to say damage limitation or 95% on plan, but I love love love Xmas food and I am prob going to give myself 4 or 5 days off plan to enjoy myself... but come Jan 1st, back on track 110%, whatever the damage xxxx

I'll be rejoining group at the beginning of December after having our 1st child but am still planning on having Christmas Day off plan to the point that I won't be going mad but I certainly won't be measuring and counting syns. It'll be the first Christmas that I've done this as usually I lose over Christmas then have a massive gain in January 'eating the leftovers' This year there won't be any leftovers as the shopping will be more carefully chosen this year to avoid that problem

:xmastree: I will try and stay on plan as much as possible, but will save syns for Christmas and Boxing day so I can have my Christmas pud with brandy sauce.

I don't drink alcohol at all so that is not a problem.

After 6 years of not being able to lose weight because of medication I certainly am not going to muck up my new found *freedom*.

As I really enjoy SW prepared food so it will not be a hardship.:4616:

I have have HAVE to be at my initial target at the beginning of feb so xmas will have to be 99.9% on plan for me I'm afraid.
I'll let my mum cook the potatoes etc for everyone covered in the fat she loves using and I'll be brandishing my fry light making my own portions but tbh I find it pretty easy to stick to plan food wise.
Drink will be the one thing I need to keep my eye on but will do my very very best because I am starting to really feel the difference now and I'm determined not to ruin my hard work so far! ;)

:553::birthday::bestwishes::party0038:

For tomorrow.

hugs.

is that for me? ^^ wow..thankyou! :D:D

is that for me? ^^ wow..thankyou! :D:D

It sure is and congratulations on being so strong willed. I feel the same as you and have no problem sticking to SW.

I plan to be as close to 100% as possible

We're off to my sisters for xmas dinner and she's a SW girl to so dinner will be fine. I'm gonna be flexible with my syns and adapt during the week.

I weigh in the Thurs before Xmas and don't plan on putting any weight on before i weigh in the following week :D

Back