How do you plan to cope with the Christmas period?

Great topic! :)

As I've managed to stick to SW for a while now, enjoying the plan I'm determined to be 'good' this Christmas. I'm actually going to plan out my food in advance as fortunately this year as we've got 19 of us together everyone is having a buffet Christmas lunch rather than a proper cooked lunch so this will help me stay on track.

I'm planning to stick to the plan 100% the days before Christmas (including Christmas Eve) The Christmas day I'm having the following

RED DAY PLAN
cold meats (chicken, ham, turkey etc)
Salad
Muller light yoghurts
Bananas, grapes
In the evening when everyone has cheese & biscuits I know I won't be able to stop at 1 or 2 so I'm taking Ryvitas and cotttage cheese instead
Snacking through the day on fruit and avoiding the quality street!
1 mince pie = 12 Syns I think?

Lets hope I can stick to it. Going to weigh in myself at home on Boxing Day. I'm also going to wear my trousers that are a little too tight on Christmas day to remind me that I really, really want to get into them again.

I know it may seem a bit drastic following the SW plan exactly on Christmas Day but I don't want to blow it all like last year and gain 7lbs..... as I felt so miserable afterwards. This time I'm going to try and remember that 7lb gain from last year to keep on track! :)

GOOD LUCK everyone and have a wonderful Christmas time! xxx

Christmas Eve. Christmas Day and Boxing Day off plan then back on track til New Years- I find if I get straight back on plan after holidays or weekends away I can soon restore the damage-

Staying mostly to plan by making the most of all the free foods such as meat, veg, pickles and fruit. Xmas eve will be on plan and I will use my syns for a couple of tipples in the evening. Xmas day will be a SW fry-up and dinner will be cooked totally syn free (for me anyway) will syn a small portion of pudding and sauce. Boxing day will be bubble and squeak with left over veg and cold meats and will have a stir fry for tea. I don't eat choc so any syns will be spent on tipples and a little cheese and few nuts. Sounds quite boring but I'm sick of over indulging at xmas, mostly for the sake of it and then having that sinking feeling when you step off the scales a week or so later. I'm expecting a small gain but only about 1 or 2 pounds.......hopefully!

I will be sticking to plan and following Success Express around New Year as that will be my most syn-filled time (if my friend actually makes his mind up, LOL!).
This is my First Christmas on Slimming World but I want to try to stick to the plan and be controlled.

Christmas over-indulgence makes me feel bad anyway so I don't feel it will be too tricky for me plus the Christmas book has given me plenty of options for Christmas day and still stick to the plan :)

Well, my next tip of the day for surviving Christmas is this:

My OH and I just decided on the plan on who's driving over Christmas/Boxing Day/New Year etc, I said I would do ALL the driving this year that way I won't be able to drink any alcohol at all. I usuallly drink quite a bit over the Christmas period but this time I really want to try and stick to SW so saying I'd be the designated driver for everything means I have no choice but to avoid drinking (and avoid all those calories!) Especically as when I drink I usually eat more the next day too. ;)

Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas and good luck with the SW Plan!

Been so hard to stay on plan the last couple of days! There has been LOADS of chocolate etc in work and I've been bought plenty! I've been using my whole 15 syns per day which I've not felt I've needed up to now, but I haven't gone over.

I think I'm going to plan out my syns for the days leading up to Christmas day so I don't feel I'm missing out. I think that will stop me giving in and eating it all in one sitting!!!

Been so hard to stay on plan the last couple of days! There has been LOADS of chocolate etc in work and I've been bought plenty! I've been using my whole 15 syns per day which I've not felt I've needed up to now, but I haven't gone over.

I think I'm going to plan out my syns for the days leading up to Christmas day so I don't feel I'm missing out. I think that will stop me giving in and eating it all in one sitting!!!

What may help after Christmas is if you put your chocolate into manageable syn bags, I put mine into 5 syn bags, its a bit of a faff but worth it, you'll be eating chocolate until Easter :D

What may help after Christmas is if you put your chocolate into manageable syn bags, I put mine into 5 syn bags, its a bit of a faff but worth it, you'll be eating chocolate until Easter :D

Fantastic idea x

My plan is to stay on SW plan as normal apart from Christmas Day and Boxing day, when I am going to have whatever I want, but I am going to try and be mindful about what I am eating, and make sure that i only eat what I really DO want.

Hopefully this will be made easier by the fact that I am at my sister's for Christmas and my parent's for Boxing Day. I haven't bought any "goodies" for my house on the grounds that if it isn't there then I can't eat it!

Thank you! That's a great idea! I've been bought 4 boxes already!

I'm not someone who craves chocolate usually but this last few days....

I might do the same with 25g portions of cheese (HEXA) and have it with a few crackers (Synned).

I am having red or success express days when I can ( aiming for alternate days) and allowing myself a few treats on the other days. Started this on Wed 17th and will prob go on until 2nd Jan. hope I will be able to maintain by doing this.

The only tricky day for me will be Boxing Day when we go to my mother in law's for lunch. However, it's only one meal so I won't have any HEBs or syns that day, and have a superfree breakfast and tea to try and make up for any damage done. She usually puts on a buffet and there's always plenty of salad so I can have a plateful of that. I'll be on plan for the rest of the festivities. It makes it easy for me in that I am teetotal and have Christmas Day at home with my OH who always cooks a very SW-friendly dinner. Neither of eats meat, so we'll have Quorn roast (syn free) instead of the turkey. My syns for Christmas Day will no doubt be spent on chocolate, and as I do Green days, I have a couple of HEBs to play around with.

Back