How do you stay so focused & on track on SS

chelseaharvey

Those doing SS & managing to stay on it week after week with not cheating, how are you doing it

I have not yet managed 1 whole week, normally 3 days is my max b4 i feel like i have to eat/drink something other than water & shakes

I struggle to get the 3 shakes down me. Like today so far i have not had 1, i feel so ill though :sick: im actually thinking of having a jacket with the boys for dinner as i just feel i need to eat.

How do you manage it though week in week out?????

I am really struggling with the water as well & am thinking of drinking that clear kiwi & strawberry stuff, I keep thinking im going to be sick (especially today drinking water) i have a horrible taste in my mouth, tounge feels horrible (where i feel so rotten today)

Honey I've been overweight for so long that this is kinda my last resort. The diet cost me a lot of money which is one reason to stay focused plus the results are really good which spurs me on. Oh and I do drink the flavoured waters, 2 bottles a day in fact and it doesn't seem to have affected my loss so far, along with some plain water and also black coffee. This forum is a good source of encouragement too so keep posting. Keep smiling honey cos what's that old saying.....oh yes....Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!!!!! :) x

Your right it is alot of money - another reason why i wanted to do it, but that doesnt seem to keep me spured on

So drinking this sparkling water kiwi & strawberry i should be fine, my CB consultant did say i could have this but give it a few days... I would love diet coke :lol:

Hey hun,

Ive been on SS for 12 weeks now without cheating, and its hard but its sort of become a way of life now really, the thought of cheating just never crosses my mind, its strange lol. I think seeing as ive been fat for like forever, im just desperate to be slim and feel more confident in myself. Also like Wabbitt said, money is a big factor in it and I cant afford to waste it really, it'll be a pretty expensive cheat otherwise, lol. I drink 4 ltrs of water throughout the day, and I also have about 3-4 mugs of black coffee with one sweetener everyday too, and that stops me wanting anything else :) xx

I'm the same the money keeps me going. I can not afford to waste £50.00 per week. Also seeing the results keep me going.
I have decided this is the last diet I will ever go on as me and my husband (well mainly my husband) are sick of my life revoling around food.

money for me ...but I am only early days so I cannot say I am struggling at the moment. Also the drive to be able to wear all the nice clothes in the shops.

though I will say, if you must eat something try make it a protein rather than a potato ...this way you are limiting the damage you do to your weight loss.

good luck & this is the best forum to be when you are feeling wobbly. You can do it.

So drinking this sparkling water kiwi & strawberry i should be fine, my CB consultant did say i could have this

rubeyes.gif
Your CWPC shouldn't have said that. Are you allowed the water flavourings yet? Fab with sparkling water :clap:

Hey hun,

Ive been on SS for 12 weeks now without cheating, and its hard but its sort of become a way of life now really, the thought of cheating just never crosses my mind, its strange lol. I think seeing as ive been fat for like forever, im just desperate to be slim and feel more confident in myself. Also like Wabbitt said, money is a big factor in it and I cant afford to waste it really, it'll be a pretty expensive cheat otherwise, lol. I drink 4 ltrs of water throughout the day, and I also have about 3-4 mugs of black coffee with one sweetener everyday too, and that stops me wanting anything else :) xx

wow well done my aim is to do this for 3 months also then got on ss+for a week and continue im glad to see someone has stuck to it properley for so long how much have yopu lost overall?:D:D

i'm now in my 15th/16th week - 5 stone down and no cheating! had my 810 week in week 8 and stuck to the portions rigidly. To be honest i agree with alot of the others - money and shiny new clothes help keep me focused but tbh i don't see this as a diet anymore - it's just a routine. I still go out pubbing and clubbing with my friends, just i feel more confident now (even if i am sober)! i do find that thinking back to when i was at my heaviest (i was 20st when i left uni!) :O i felt secluded and not comfortable being around lots of people. I always had to wear what fitted not what i wanted and would do my best to fade into the background waching eveyone else having fun. Now i'm part of that fun and join in with most things, still have self-esteem issues as my mind still has the 20st mindset instead of the 12st! but i never want to be the reason that i don't do things, i don't want the way i look to be an excuse for me to not do things. It's so liberating! So happy feelings and thoughts are my strongest resist to the temptation of food!

(although i could murder a bacon sarnie! :p)

wow well done my aim is to do this for 3 months also then got on ss+for a week and continue im glad to see someone has stuck to it properley for so long how much have yopu lost overall?:D:D

Hey hun, ive lost 2st and 12.5lbs so far, almost 3st, argh! lol xx

i'm now in my 15th/16th week - 5 stone down and no cheating! had my 810 week in week 8 and stuck to the portions rigidly. To be honest i agree with alot of the others - money and shiny new clothes help keep me focused but tbh i don't see this as a diet anymore - it's just a routine. I still go out pubbing and clubbing with my friends, just i feel more confident now (even if i am sober)! i do find that thinking back to when i was at my heaviest (i was 20st when i left uni!) :O i felt secluded and not comfortable being around lots of people. I always had to wear what fitted not what i wanted and would do my best to fade into the background waching eveyone else having fun. Now i'm part of that fun and join in with most things, still have self-esteem issues as my mind still has the 20st mindset instead of the 12st! but i never want to be the reason that i don't do things, i don't want the way i look to be an excuse for me to not do things. It's so liberating! So happy feelings and thoughts are my strongest resist to the temptation of food!

(although i could murder a bacon sarnie! :p)

lol wow your amazing so you lost 5 stone in say 16 weeks amazing i amon SS this is my 15th day and i feel great so far i got 8 weeks till my aunties wedding and hope to lose another 2 stone fingers crossed you said you were 20st and know 12 did you lose the other 3 stone with CDas well?
i started at 21st 3lbs and am know 17st 5.5lbs :D:D:D

as everyone says the results keep you motivated but in full honesty once you get past the first week it is actually a lot easier than you think it will be. Those first 5 days or so are SO tough to get through but if you can resist it and just get your head to the point where it wants to stay on it for the results more than it wants to come off it and just get through those few days then you're body will switch and it'll start getting easier and easier as time goes on to stick with it. I don't know about other people but I get a kind of energy kick and euphoria from it and start to feel better as well as look better when I'm doing it.

The water thing I totally understand - when I first start it virtually makes me gag but again once you get into the diet further your body seems to start to accept it more. I do find its easier if I keep a 1.5 litre bottle of water on the side - I down a glass quite quickly but then follow it with a cup of tea or whatever your beverage will be. That way although the water side of it kind of leaves you feeling empty and hard to face it because I follow it with something with taste it makes it easier for some reason. That way I also know that if I get through a 1.5 litre bottle then I have drunk 3 litres on a 1:1 basis.

Good luck and you can do it - just a few more days and you will be home and dry xx

hi charelypolequeen! I lost about a stone on slimming world, then the other 2 with my first attempt with CD. wish i hadn't stopped but at the time i wasn't really fully committed to it and was lucky to lose that much! this time round my heads in the right place so all is good :)

Having said that - i am away next weekend on holiday and don't intend on following CD but will hopefully make good choices. :) I'm seeing it more a a dry run for when i come off the diet instead of going nuts because i can have something to eat! fingers crossed it goes well and i don't gain too much! i'm hoping to start moving up the plans from the start of june to lose my last stone or so, will have to wait and see i guess! lol! x

Hello 212degrees

you soo right what you say about head has to be right place ect this also my 2nd attempt i am on day 15 i only ever managed 6 days before and could not get into it at all i though it was impossible where as this time around im enjoying it immensely welldone on ypour success ....watch this space ....lol x

Hey hun :')
Im 16, have exams, no money, and a hell load to worry about and i dont know how i do it either lol. Ive lost 6 stone 1 pound and it was 4 months on monday im in week 18 now? Only on 3 products a day :) I was so overweight, and i was so determind to do this to make a better life for myself, and i cant tell you how many times ive wanted to quit but i have to tell myself that i actually can do this and if you want something so badley you will do anything to get to it. Your doing fine and you really dont need to worry beacause you can do it :) Just tell yourself, i can do this, and go and occupy yourself, and think of when you go for your weigh in the relief youl feel and you will be proud of yourself, keep it up babe :) xx

Hey hun :')
Im 16, have exams, no money, and a hell load to worry about and i dont know how i do it either lol. Ive lost 6 stone 1 pound and it was 4 months on monday im in week 18 now? Only on 3 products a day :) I was so overweight, and i was so determind to do this to make a better life for myself, and i cant tell you how many times ive wanted to quit but i have to tell myself that i actually can do this and if you want something so badley you will do anything to get to it. Your doing fine and you really dont need to worry beacause you can do it :) Just tell yourself, i can do this, and go and occupy yourself, and think of when you go for your weigh in the relief youl feel and you will be proud of yourself, keep it up babe :) xx

Greeting Luciemae

I must say you the most clued up 16year old i have ever had the pleasure of knowing...lol well done im soo pleased for you and thanks for the encouragment and wow 6 stone in 4 months amazing !!!!!!! did you come off SS on month 3 to do a week off ss+ then back on SS again?
and also if you dont mind me asking how much did you weigh when you started out?and what size where u? and whats the size and weight of you know now ?
sorry to ask just so intrigued:D:):wave_cry:
I am on day 16 now i feel great so far i started at 21st 3lbs lost almost 3 with SW started at 18st 7lbs with CD i was 17st 5.5 lbs on my last weigh in i am not getting weighed till Monday but i would really like to see the 16 stone ping on the scales :D:D:D:D

Hi ss is not easy at ALL, but i would say it is achieveable to do evenfor weeks/months.!

Good luck.!

"CD as got me the size and weight i am today, and very gratefully".!

Hi ss is not easy at ALL, but i would say it is achieveable to do evenfor weeks/months.!

Good luck.!

"CD as got me the size and weight i am today, and very gratefully".!

yes not easy but acievable correct totally..... i feel better in myself sleeping better getting up better bring on july !

Back