How do you use your syns?

PottyMum

How do you use your syns?

I use them for all the things I really like.......

Sweet Thai Chilli flavoured velvet crunch :)
Yorkshire puddings!:)
marg! (can't do without a scraping!):)

I try not to but i have been told that i have to start

Olise, yeah u have to eat ur syns i usually have 6 per day plus some for milk. Ive heard of ppl gainin cos they havnt ate there syns xx

I use all of mine everyday! Sausages, yorkie pud , gravy and chocolate! I love a dip too so extra low cal Mayo! I never have less than 10!

Normally I'll use 40-60 on a Friday night on beer, and then a few here and there up to around 70- 80 a week, my C reckons us girlies should stick to around 70 per week/10 a day, normally mayo, spread, mustard, brown sauce, pickle...sometimes quavers, skips, or options, cocoa powder or an extra Alpen light

Glad I'm not the only one using syns for silly things! Haven't missed chocolate, but crisps, cheese and bread are my main problem foods. Using Laughing cow light cheese triangles really helps when the nibbles strike!

I use mine for tom sauce and mugs of hot chocolate also 28g of haribo strawberries when Im really craving something sweet.

Glad I'm not the only one using syns for silly things! Haven't missed chocolate, but crisps, cheese and bread are my main problem foods. Using Laughing cow light cheese triangles really helps when the nibbles strike!

Have you tried their deli-squares??? blue cheese, caramalised onions, and the new basil & tomato are also 5 for an HEA. I haven't tried the tomato ones yet, but the others are nice

The tomato ones are rubbish, dont bother! All rubbery and taste plastic. The blue cheese are AMAAAAZING though :drool:

I use about half of my allowance during the week mainly as part of meals - things like oil, philly, uncle bens express rice and dolmio light (and the odd square of green and blacks 70%).
Then......... on a Sunday after weigh in I use the remainder for a munch out! chocolate (galaxy bubbles today 8.5 syns), chinese (beef and mushroom now a 4.5 syn fave) or sometimes even fish (batter removed) and chips.
This seems to keep me on the straight and narrow!

I am so glad other people use them for munchy things. I was beginning to think that I was doing it all wrong! Keep coming with the ideas - what are deli squares? Blue cheese flavour sounds right up my street! Where can i get them?

I tend to use mine on meals as a lot of the veggie food I like have syns such as quorn fillets/tofu fillets/vegi sausages etc.

I also like light mayo and light butter which takes it up.

I try not to use them on crisps anymore as it didnt leave me with any for dinner and I kept going over my syns.

PottyMum said:
I am so glad other people use them for munchy things. I was beginning to think that I was doing it all wrong! Keep coming with the ideas - what are deli squares? Blue cheese flavour sounds right up my street! Where can i get them?

I really like the deli-light squares, soft & creamy like normal laughing cow triangles except they're square lol
Just in the packaged /processed cheese section, I generally use Asda which is where I get mine, but guess the other supermarkets have them too

I use a big chunk if mine in alcohol (wine) and the rest on things like butter buds/marg, LF salad cream, gravy, stuffing, vinaigrette, snack a jacks, extra fibre plus bars. It's amazing how the syns quickly add up!

I use mine mainly as dressings, ex lf mayo, tomato k, brown sauce etc. But for a snack, and to simmer my cheese cravings I have 3 crackerbreads with 28g lf philly and marmite. Can't find the extra low philly anywhere - does anyone know where I could get it? thanks

Lots of things... Sauces (ketchup, mayo, salad cream, sweet chilli sauce), sweets and chocolate, biscuits, quorn sausages, butter on toast or jacket potatoes, raisins in my tagine, sometimes oil, the occasional drop of alcohol... :D

I like my syns :D:heartpump:

Back