How does it work for vegetarians?

bluegirl

Silver Member
Good evening everyone.

I'm one of lifes dieters, tried everyone going (I know this probably sounds familiar to lots of you), but I really want to try again, and having not done slimming world in a long time I wondered if any of you could offer me some advice before I pay my money....

I'm vegetarian, and I beleive that means I would only be able to do "green" days. Is this true? And if it is do any of you have any experience of doing the diet just on green days? Is it only really designed to work with a combination of red and green? Can you tell I am confused?!

Best regards

K

Hi and welcome! I don't eat much meat, but i still have both red days and green days, for instance tomorrow will be a red day and my planned menu is this:-

Breakfast: 28g Shreddies (HEB), fat free nat yoghurt, fruit, milk (HEA)
Lunch: 2x Sainsbury's Meat free burgers (1 syn ea.) 42g Mozarella cheese (HEA) on a wholemeal roll (HEB) and salad on the side
Snacks: fruit and fat free natural fromage frais
Dinner: Quorn mince cottage pie with swede mash, brocolli, carrots, glass wine (6 syns)

I believe you could lose weight just doing green days but i like the variety of green and red, plus the fact that i always feel kind of bloated on a green day (maybe i just eat too much haha).

I've been losing weight steadily now over the last 5 weeks since going onto the SW plan after being "stuck" for quite a while.

Be interested to know how you get on.
All the best, Sammy x

Last edited:
Thanks Sammy, and well done on your losses. What do your acronyms stand for? HEA and HEB?

I guess I won't really know how it works for me without trying it, but its really useful to know that you can do the "red days" and not eat meat on them.

Thanks again for your help

K x

Oop sorry :eek:
HEA = Healthy Extra A - you can have up to two a day on Slimming World
HEB = Healthy Extra B - ditto

Good luck with your diet i mainly do green days and my weight loss has been ok apart from i stayed the same for one reason or another, but when i weighed thursday gone i lost 5 1/2lbs so im chuffed.
Cant see why you wont have the same results. If i do have reds i will substitute meat with quorn.
Good luck again
Ruthy xxx

Good evening everyone.

I'm one of lifes dieters, tried everyone going (I know this probably sounds familiar to lots of you), but I really want to try again, and having not done slimming world in a long time I wondered if any of you could offer me some advice before I pay my money....

I'm vegetarian, and I beleive that means I would only be able to do "green" days. Is this true? And if it is do any of you have any experience of doing the diet just on green days? Is it only really designed to work with a combination of red and green? Can you tell I am confused?!

Best regards

K

im a vegi too- green days all the way!
lost 3stone:D

Before:
DSC00220.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

AFTER:
DSC00174.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

DSC01564.jpg

Great photos Sejay! What a difference! If that's what green days can do.....

Changing the subject slighty.....CJTJ, how long did it take you to lose the weight. I have just looked at your pics, they are amazing and a real motivator. I think i have been very luckly so far and the weight has come off quite quickly, but just interested to know. I think they call someone like me nosey!! :)

Omg cjtj you look fab what a difference WoW!!!
So, how long did it take?

Back