how does it work??

laurenxx21

im really struggling on weight watchers and someone suggested i try sw. soooooo how exactly does it work? it seems very confusing. x

I also struggled with WW (always hungry) and have my first SW meeting tomorrow, have been reading all about it on here non stop for a few days and borrowed some books and although it seemed really complicated at first im actually looking forward to starting, good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Don't worry about how it works! Just go to a group and have it all explained to you.
In a nutshell though, it works the same as all other diets, by restricting your intake of food in one way or another. WW restricts with points and SW restricts with Healthy Extras and syns (eg not too much bread, cereal, cheese and chocolate, crisps, alcohol) and emphasis on the free and superfree foods (protein, carbohydrates and veg/fruit).

As everyone has said, it's worth going to a group to have it explained properly to you. For me the major difference between SW and WW, was that with WW, once you've eaten your points for the day you can't have anything else. On SW you could still have free food even if you've had all your Syns (as long as you're hungry.) I find that helps me in the evening when I know I want to snack. Good luck!

I felt a bit naughty tucking in to the left over pasta last night ... But I shouldn't have done as it was all free. Gotta love SW for that! :)

Good luck finding out more.

That newbie advice page written by squiddie is great :) xx

Back