How does weightwatchers work?

miss-tri

Hi, i was just wondering how weight watchers worked? What do you have to do and how do you lose weight on this weightloss program? and more importantly, does it work? :confused:

On the new Pro Points plan you get a minimum of 29 pro points per day (depending on your weight,height,age etc) .Every one is given an extra 49 pro points a week which you can use split up over the week or use for a night out or special occasion. Most of the points on the Weight Watchers products are from the old Discover plan (which I don't know about because I have just started and am on the Pro Points plan). On weight watchers packets the old points show in a circle new pro points are in a u shape. They are changing to pro points on packaging as new products are brought out.
If you look at the top of the weight watchers forum there are pages about Pro Points and discover plan.

As for whether it works, I can only speak from experience. I have been on PP plan for 5 weeks and have lost 10lb. I was on WW about 10 years ago and it worked for me then too. Some people find Discover works for them some PP. I hope this helps.

Hi, I totally agree it does work. I've lost 8.5 pounds in 2 weeks on pro points, was mean't to weigh tonight as well but meeting was cancelled due to the snow. So Hopefully my next weighing i should have a good loss. Best of luck. xxx

Its like any diet it works for some and not others it has always worked for me. I tried Slimming World for a few years and it did work but slowly as I over did the free food.

Thank you everyone! helped alot! :D :)

Any (sensible) diet will work of you follow it and stick to the rules, and any weight loss is sustainable if you continue to eat well after reaching target!!

Pity they also require willpower eh?!!

The all new improved WW (propoints) seems to be centred around making better food choices, I.e proteins which take more digesting, meaning much of the energy doesn't get round to being stored, and your body uses it's own energy reserves (AKA our wobbly bits) and fibre rich foods to aid digestion and help fill you up (along with the protein). It obviously also encourages you to consume less fat and refined carbs/sugars, although nothing is banned!

It also really centred around portion control (unlike other diets like SW), meaning that even when you're eating the 'wrong'' foods, you're not overdoing it.

:)

Nobody has been able to document the success rate for Weight Watchers. They claim that hundreds of thousands to lose weight with them every year, but they can not prove how and whether weight loss is stable.

well, I can certainly document the success of weight watchers on myself. First time round, I lost 5 stone in a bit over a year. if I put it back on, it's only been because of bad circumstances (no internet, stress due to 3 move of houses in 2 years, stressful job and becoming complacent because I had found my now fiancé and had lost control. I came back to ww in 2009 and have reached goal in June 2010. I kept control this time and am currently maintaining the lowest weight i have ever reached in my life for over 6 months. Hope I'll be able to keep on maintaining until life interferes again (e.g. pregnancy!)

I know I'm only 1 person, but it does work!:cool:

rosalinbush said:
Nobody has been able to document the success rate for Weight Watchers. They claim that hundreds of thousands to lose weight with them every year, but they can not prove how and whether weight loss is stable.

I don't recall any other diet company proving their success either

You only need to look around minimins to see how well WW works

well i guess it works if you stick to it..my problem is i am greedy so can't stick to diets...anyway i plan to try a diet in new year

good luck to everybody and want to wish everybody a happy new year

Back