how easy is it to get ee out of ur head?

Lisa123

Silver Member
Hi, I have been doing sw for a few months now and normally do ee. I really want to do red and green days and am trying to plan my meals but I'm struggling as I'm so used to ee. Has anyone else gone from doing just ee to green and red? If so which do u prefer?

I'm the same as you. I started off on Extra Easy, but found there were just certain days I just couldn't do the superfree, whether it was because I had no SF in the house, it didn't fit in with the meal I had, or because I was a bit skint and couldn't afford to buy any at that time.

I started doing red days, and now I do mostly green with a few EE thrown in for when I fancy a bit of fish or chicken (I've stopped eating beef pretty much, and I never ate pork or lamb anyway as I just don't like them)

I found it pretty straightforward enough. I just spent a couple of days researching how they both work, with the help of my SW pack, and this site, and I had no problems at all. Also the extra HE's were a bonus too :D

I couldn't do ee the amount of sf I could manage to incorporate so wasn't loosing think I switched in my second week and I've never looked back so much easier!!

2hea
2heb everyday for me which I love find it mch easier to stay on plan this way!!

I ten to do red so have normal meals for example chilli either with no rice at all or I'll syn it if I really fancy it!! Used to do a lot of green but on red I get bigger losses!!
Once you adapt it's fine mch easier as you don't have to fret about sf!! Xx

I tried ee for the first two weeks then gave up. I dont like salad at all and veg doesnt excite me, so changed to red and a few green, but mainly red. I love the 2 HEB's and HEA's every day, but do manage to eat a lot of fruit, tbh it fills me up so much I never have all my syns. You could do a green day chilli with HEB xtra lean mince and free basmati brown rice or any other rice you like. This is one of my fave green day meals, I do try to limit the amount of rice on my plate though, I could get through a mountain full, love it. I also like meat and a HEB portion of syn free chips on a red day. I love my red days, I may not be losing as fast as others in my group, but love my meals and thats the main thing, I will get there. Good luck in your weight loss and whichever plan you choose

I just wanted to say, even though I didn't start this thread, that I found your posts very helpful, so thank you. :)

Me too, it's something I'd like to try doing but I think I looked once and got a bit confused - I'm quite ditzy me! I liked the look of the red choice but I was worried about potatoes as I like my syn free chips and couldn't see if I could have potatoes - only new potatoes or a jacket as a hexb?? X

Me too, it's something I'd like to try doing but I think I looked once and got a bit confused - I'm quite ditzy me! I liked the look of the red choice but I was worried about potatoes as I like my syn free chips and couldn't see if I could have potatoes - only new potatoes or a jacket as a hexb?? X

You can have 227g potatoes for your HeB on Red days - just make sure you leave the skins on. I cut mine into wedges, frylight them, maybe put a little paprika on them, and stick them in the oven for SW wedges.

I find the 227g is definitely enough :D

lolacola said:
You can have 227g potatoes for your HeB on Red days - just make sure you leave the skins on. I cut mine into wedges, frylight them, maybe put a little paprika on them, and stick them in the oven for SW wedges.

Woohoo, that's great news, will give it a go this week then xxx

I'm going to try Red days from next week, I'm a carb girl mind so only doing one day a week.
The 1/3rd SF is ok but my IBS is playing up after a years dormancy, could be a coincidence but I think it's all the veg!

Em8888 said:

But you could always syn them if you do remove the skins. Same as anything rice pasta etc you can have it just need to syn it xx

Exactly what I was going to post! I think the wording in the book is a bit confusing for the HEB potato as it says 227g baking potato (you could read it as only bake the potato) but my interpretation is that they mean an old potato as opposed to new ones. When doing S W ages ago I used to peel the skin off and I still lost weight, but now I dont bother, just cut em up and chuck em in with fry light. Makes more chips too, so there you have it, steak and chips red plan style. You could add some mushrooms, toms, and fry light onions done in the oven at the same time. Delish!!!

I am trying a few red days now &I have to say, i'm not sure there is much difference between what i eat in extra easy & red days - the main difference is that if i'm
Hungry between meals i don't have a
Mugshot. If i have carbs anyway its usually only in one meal as i tend to have salad at lunch, and i would happily swap potatoes for butternut squash. My extra easy plate has far more superfree & protein on it unless i'm having pasta, which isn't very often.

I'm the other way around. I had my 1st try at EE today and am finding it difficult getting my head around it. I've always followed the red or green days. On red days, I would normally have 198g new potatoes as HEXB, and I like having 2 HEXA so I can have cereal for brekkie, and low fat cheese on my pasta.
I'm not sure if I can live without the cheese, we'll see

ammsas said:
I'm the other way around. I had my 1st try at EE today and am finding it difficult getting my head around it. I've always followed the red or green days. On red days, I would normally have 198g new potatoes as HEXB, and I like having 2 HEXA so I can have cereal for brekkie, and low fat cheese on my pasta.
I'm not sure if I can live without the cheese, we'll see

I have ff yog on cereal instead of milk - though i'm not a massive lover of milk anyway & drink coffee & tea black.

Back