How flexible are syns?

bossiegirl

Hi, I'm new to slimming world in my second week. But i had a really bad day yesterday, I've just sat down and worked out the syns I have consumed and its 21! Are syns flexible? Can I just not use any today and then be ok? Feeling very guilty and worried that I have messed my whole week up! HELP!

Yeah you can do that, but you've only gone to 21...so just cut 6 off todays allowance and have 9...or take 6 of the WHOLE of the rest of your weeks syns...1 off everyday for the rest of the 6 days if you weighed yesterday, 2 off a day for next 3 days....or however you want to work it.

I always work my syns over the whole week as I'm really good day to day and then very bad at the weekend! :) xx

Thanks for the replies, I'm starting a syn bank account then ready to blow on a weekend! :D

Good plan... I do the same but end up going on an alcohol syn spree ;) xx

Me too, red red wine for me, the syns soon go! Have a fan weekend x

Thanks for the replies, I'm starting a syn bank account then ready to blow on a weekend! :D

Syn Bank Account. That is so cute. ^_^ lol

There is also such a thing as flexible syns where you decide to go over your syns allowance for one day but still have a maximum and then you just go back to normal the next day. Sure it wouldn't be the best thing for weight loss but I suppose it is a way of not feeling you have blown it.

Ooo I'm finding this very interesting during mid panic -

I've had two nights out this week one day I had 45 syns and another 25 - now the other days I've had 8 and I have planned for 8 the rest of the week this makes me on target for 105 for the entire week - is this ok?!

Is this what is meant by a syn account ?! Xx

That's fine - you are just using your syns on a weekly rather than daily basis. it doesn't work for everyone but SW says it is okay as long you don't mind having fewer syns some days. I would always still have a minimum of 5 syns a day as blowing all 105 in a one-er is binging and not healthy behaviour :)

PatchworkPuss said:
That's fine - you are just using your syns on a weekly rather than daily basis. it doesn't work for everyone but SW says it is okay as long you don't mind having fewer syns some days. I would always still have a minimum of 5 syns a day as blowing all 105 in a one-er is binging and not healthy behaviour :)

Ah no I wasn't planning on that lol! I just hope it works for wi on Monday! I feel like it's a good way bc I now dont feel crappy for "cheating" bc it's all accounted for! X

I think it's all trial an error to see what works for you, If you try to be so so strict and beat yourself up every time you have a few extra syns you'll go mad... At the same time, if you get too sloppy you'll never lose haha :) xx

Don't worry! The last two Sundays I've had a social event (birthday party and christening) and had 50 syns each time (wine and cake!:)) and have cut down my sins accordingly for the rest of the week, maybe having an average of 5 a day, and managed to lose 3lb each week. The syns bank account idea works fine for me, and I still feel I'm enjoying myself as I can have a treat at the weekend. What's even more satisfying is the feeling of being in control in that I get straight back on track the following day; whereas in the past I'd have eaten and drunk everything in sight at the party, feel I'd blown it and carry on in self destruct mode all week.

I asked my consultant when I joined if we could save up syns each day to use up say on a night out, and she said we couldn't. Can't see the harm in it myself though.

honeybun55 said:
Don't worry! The last two Sundays I've had a social event (birthday party and christening) and had 50 syns each time (wine and cake!:)) and have cut down my sins accordingly for the rest of the week, maybe having an average of 5 a day, and managed to lose 3lb each week. The syns bank account idea works fine for me, and I still feel I'm enjoying myself as I can have a treat at the weekend. What's even more satisfying is the feeling of being in control in that I get straight back on track the following day; whereas in the past I'd have eaten and drunk everything in sight at the party, feel I'd blown it and carry on in self destruct mode all week.

Thanks I feel better now let's hope I get a great loss too ;) x

cruisedolly said:
I asked my consultant when I joined if we could save up syns each day to use up say on a night out, and she said we couldn't. Can't see the harm in it myself though.

Yeah they don't allow syn saving - I suppose it's a similar concept except I'm still having syns on a daily basis!

I dunno why it's not advised but lets hope it works :) xx

Back