How have your SW habits changed?

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
I've just been reflecting on my weight loss journey so far, and have realised just how much my habits have changed. Obviously they changed from pre-Slimming World, from eating junk to more healthier options, etc. But they've also changed again since then, post-Slimming World.

When I think about it now, my first maybe 6 months, I was still eating a lot of rubbish. I relied a lot on pre-packed foods such as MugShots, Savoury Rice, etc. rather than making meals from scratch. Now I only ever have these things in an emergency situation, and would never purposely reach for them as a main meal. I've learnt to experiment and become a lot more brave when it comes to making fresh foods. Now I much prefer to rustle up a quick vegetable sauce and some pasta - so much more tasty than any pre-packed stuff, and they must be a lot healthier too!

The Syns I use have also changed quite a bit since I first started too. When I first started I would use all 15 of my Syns practically every day. Now I struggle to use them all, and often only have around 5-7 each day. I think this has a lot to do with eating more fresh, filling foods. I also "spend" my Syns on a wider variety of things now, too. Quite often now I'll use a few Syns on Flora, Cheese, etc. whereas before it was always chocolate, crisps and alcohol. Don't get me wrong, I still use them for the occasional bag of crisps, bar of chocolate or glass of wine, but not so much as before.

For me now, SW seems like so much more of a lifestyle change than a "diet". I still enjoy meals I would eat before, just in a much healthier way.

It's interesting seeing how I've changed as I've developed and progressed in my journey. Is anyone else the same? What habitual changes have you made?

I think my habits have changed, I'm a lot more consious of what I'm eating. Rather than thinking oh I'm hungrey lets go grab something out the cupboard first thing I do is have a drink of LS ribena, if \I'm still hungrey then I normally grab a piece of fruit or some meat from the fridge.

I also think more about what I feed everyone else in the house making sure that when I do cook it is normally from scratch and I think I make better choices now. Used to use jar sauce for bolognaise now make it with tinned tomatoes, spag bol Oxo's and lots more veg to bulk it out.

Syn wise I very rearly used mine throughout my journey, but also make better choices when I do. I rearly eat chocoloate so most of mine is used on HiFi bars for when I'm out and about or the odd sauce to go with dinner. (sweet chilli on tuna sald is my fav)
Like you say its not a diet its a life choice and making it work for everyday living, but one I'm very glad I made having reached target losing 1/2lb off 5 stone.

I do use mugshots etc but not as my first choice for meals, she says while tucking into a spicy sweet and sour one lol.
I am having a hard time trying to kick myself back into routine, we've had a couple of weeks of nightmare stress events and a trip to the mum in law's (where i can't exactly say "no, I don't want to eat the meal you've prepared because it's got too much fat/sugar/refined flour etc"). I am struggling to get back on track, but I know that I will. my mind has changed since being on SW, I'm much more positive in my outlook lol. so I stayed the same this week, so what? I've had stress to the eyeballs, very little exercise and a trip to mum in law's... I'm actually surprised I've not gained with the way I've been eating crap. I'm back on the wagon, stress is lifted for the time being and next week I'll hopefully have lost the 1.5lbs I want to to stay on a good track.

I do use mugshots etc but not as my first choice for meals, she says while tucking into a spicy sweet and sour one lol.
I am having a hard time trying to kick myself back into routine, we've had a couple of weeks of nightmare stress events and a trip to the mum in law's (where i can't exactly say "no, I don't want to eat the meal you've prepared because it's got too much fat/sugar/refined flour etc"). I am struggling to get back on track, but I know that I will. my mind has changed since being on SW, I'm much more positive in my outlook lol. so I stayed the same this week, so what? I've had stress to the eyeballs, very little exercise and a trip to mum in law's... I'm actually surprised I've not gained with the way I've been eating crap. I'm back on the wagon, stress is lifted for the time being and next week I'll hopefully have lost the 1.5lbs I want to to stay on a good track.

Good for you Flibs, your positivity is amazing!! :)
Well done on your maintain, I'm sure you'll get that 1.5lb off next week!

Back