How long before ketosis for you?

foggie

Interesting to see that this kicks in at different times for different people.
Some as little as 2 days some nearer 7.
Just trying to see if there is a distinguishable reason or if it is just an individual thing
How long was it till you kicked in the K? :)

Interesting!!! I'd like to know the answer too if anyone knows??? I hope I'm in ketosis on day 4. I can honestly say that my breath feels like I've chewed a dirty nappy eww eww!

Sounds promising slimgem :D
Seems to be like a graveyard in this forum of late
or.....perhaps no one is in, or can remember the onset of the mighty K :p

Day 3/4 for me I think. Knew by the rotten metallic taste in my mouth, and the feeling that my tongue had been replaced with a piece of carpet...!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I wasn't hungry after day 3 really, but I was really grumpy till day 9/10 not sure if that had anything to do with ketosiS or a psychological longing for food.

Day 3/4 for me also. Oddly I breezed through wk one this time. Think it's because I had been planning it during my pregnancy, and have never been as fat in my life!!! :-( x

I am pretty sure I'm in ketosis guys, I'm not hungry at all which is an alien feeling as u could imagine. It's remarkable really!! I've cooked three lovely meals for my family and wasn't even tempted. I'm only in day five though but am in the zone lol. Gunna have to get some alcohol free listerine on my wi on Monday.

I'm normally between 3-5 days i always know I've hit that mark because you have that one really really bad day which feels neverending!

It was about day 3/4 for me, but I had a terrible day about day 5 where I was so hungry. Think that was more psychological though. Had a couple of wobbly days, but managed to stick to it. Still get the metallic taste in my mouth even 8 weeks in. I used to pee on ketone sticks everyday, but I got over that obsession now. :)

Sorry for intruding on the thread but i have read a lot on the ketosis and it sounds like a good way to lose weight quickly but can anybody point me in the right direction of how to get started on it and what i need to be eating to trigger it?

BigChris said:
Sorry for intruding on the thread but i have read a lot on the ketosis and it sounds like a good way to lose weight quickly but can anybody point me in the right direction of how to get started on it and what i need to be eating to trigger it?

I'm no expert BigChris but there are a few ways: the first is a VLCD (very low calorie diet) such as Lipotrim, Slim and Save, Exante, Cambridge Diet. You can also get into Ketosis through low-carbing on the likes of the Atkins Diet. I think results are faster on a VLCD but I might be wrong. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back