How long does homemade houmous last....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Little Miss Happy, 25 January 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Little Miss Happy

Little Miss Happy Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there,
    I made a batch of homous at home on Saturday (chickpeas, garlic, chilli, lemon juice and a little bit of tahini)

I put it in an airtight tub, and its been in the fridge since.

How long would you say I've got til I need to bin it?

Thanks
    A x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I always go by smell and taste hun. If it tastes yukky then bin it!
    I love home made hummus and it all gets eaten with a day or two so it never goes off!
    I never use tahini though, how many syns is it and does it make a big difference to the taste?

4. Little Miss Happy

Little Miss Happy Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it's 4.5 syns per level tbsp (but I will double check that later and come back to you!)

It does make a diff if you put enough in, but I only put 1/2 tbsp in this time, as wanted to use about 2 syns and it hasnt seemed to make much of a difference..... lol Serve me right for being tight with my syns!

Thanks for the advice - its not going green yet, and still tastes ok, so I'll give it a whirl....

A x

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tahini is 4.5 syns for a level tablespoon, 8.5 syns for 28g. The taste is quite distinctive and I find hummus very disappointing without it, so I would use it and syn it and enjoy it!

Also, you can make a very nice spread with tahini and soy sauce - in proportions of about 4 to 1. The soy sauce makes the tahini thicker, rather than thinner, for some reason I don't quite understand, and it is lovely as a spread in salad sandwiches.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.