How long does it take......

jessthecat

Be honest now peeps....Do you think its relistic that I could get to my target of 11 stone 5lbs by christmas?? or do you think no way and im being far to unrelistic?? I started at 16.9lbs and now weigh 15.12lbs I would like to set a diffrent target but ive taken into condieration my height and build and feel that 11 stone 5lbs would be healthy for me (for now lol) but not sure how long it takes to loss weight ,never really been on a diet and been over weight for soooo long...it even makes me giggle a bit just putting down my target as I can't imagen being that small.......So anyway what you think???:confused:

Well its hard to say. If you stick rigidly to the plan, then you could of course achieve it. But it may not be a good idea to set yourself such a precise target. Perhaps saying you will be a certain dress size by christmas might be better? It depends really on your personality, its just that some people don't do well with the pressure, and would feel a failure if they didn't achieve. Plus its hard to say how you will feel at that weight, you may decide to stop before that, or to lose more.

But realistically, yes I believe that its an achievable target.

You could lose the 53 pounds by Christmas, it is realistic as 1-2 pounds a week is the norm but don't push yourself. Any weight loss is good so don't stress over it.
Good luck!

I don't see why not, it took me just over a year to lose 4 stone & I was so bad some weeks, it could have taken me 3 months less I reckon if I had behaved all the time

yeah i think that's achievable, good luck!

Not sure myself but best of luck with your target :) I agree it's nice to keep you targets flexible though so you don't fall off the wagon if you're disappointed with a weeks weigh in.

Thanks guys! was just unsure, I know it might not happen but I just couldnt work out time scale and weightloss really...Im sure i will have my ups and downs but im going to give it a go! thansk againx x

I would set a smaller goal Jess, as setting a huge long term mission may be disheartening if you dont achieve it.....i have mini goals but no timeframes.....keep smiling and keep losing you will get there in the end....think tortoise...and then hare....! xxxx

Back