How long til Ketosis?? Day 3

squange22

Hey!
How is everyone today?
So, it's the start of Day 3 and I'm still feeling okay. Had the Broccoli and Cheese soup last night and it was rancid!
I felt a bit peckish yesterday :(
I had to do the weekly family shop and I cooked my partner yummy food. Even making my 15 month old little boy's food was making me hungry, so it was a bit difficult yesterday to say the least! I know I cant let them starve though!! although it would be easier for me ant the moment!! lol!;)
I was just wondering how long it takes on average for you to get in to ketosis? or does it vary for each person?
Roll on euphoric feeling and no hunger I say!!!!!!
Thanks guys! hope you are all having a wicked 100% weekend! xxxxxx

Hi Helen!
Well done you for staying so strong in the face of adversity- if you can do it now, you can do it for rest of your journey!
I didn't have any ketostix or anything, but I know that I no longer felt hungry after day 4-5. I did feel full of beans and energy and once the tummy-rumbling wore off about then, I found it steadily easier and easier.
Around that time I also got a but of the runs quite suddenly, and posting here seemed to suggest that this is very common at around that stage. If it happens to you, just be assured that it is very shortlived so don't panic!

Good luck for today- you'll feel amazing come your first WI, so keep thinking of that!

Letty x

It took me 3 days to get into ketosis, but I didnt feel great until about day 10. I agree the brocolli soup is EWWWWWW, have you tried oriential chilli thats my fav soup very nice, although I like the porriges and others think think they are rank so I guess each to there own.

hello!

i didnt go into ketosis until yesterday, day 5. but i did have a quite carb-heavy diet before that as i followed slimming world and did carby green days all the time.

i dont really feel eurphoric yet tho:( i feel a little less lethargic though so im going to tackle the housework i have put of all week as i didnt have the energy. I've sent out hubby with the baby to do his own food shopping, and i make him cook for himself too. im a bit mean but i need to be a bit selfish and do this one thing for myself, it wont be forever:)

Back