How long till Ketosis?

kitten kat

Would just like some thought on this?...:confused:

Do most know how quickly they went into ketosis?...when they first started; 2nd/3rd/4th day???:rolleyes:

Day 2 for me it started and continued through to day 3 with a muggy head etc then by day 4 felt great (apart from the mouth thing, that is no not great but at least tells me I am losing weight)

Im just starting day 4 and still have a dull headache have done since day 2 how long will this last as it's making me dizzy when i do anythin too quick or strenuous is this normal???

hi denajane

Try drinking more water,,,also gettingmore sleep etc helps this.

Another question though folks....the taste in your mouth...mines really not that bad? in the morning fair enough i have to brush my teeth first thing but thats it really.......Do you think this is a sign im not in ketosis? Lost 3 1/2 lbs first week , 6 1/4 lbs second week.
Things im worried but however are the fact iv but pepper in my soup and take peppermint tea-both of which from this forum i took to be okay?-in spite of what my pharmacist said! Also i use tablet sweetner-hermestas...is this one okay?
Hope everyone having a good wkend? x

day 3 for me. xxx

Do you think this is a sign im not in ketosis? Lost 3 1/2 lbs first week , 6 1/4 lbs second week.
Things im worried but however are the fact iv but pepper in my soup and take peppermint tea-both of which from this forum i took to be okay?-in spite of what my pharmacist said! Also i use tablet sweetner-hermestas...is this one okay?
Hope everyone having a good wkend? x

It depends. If you've stuck to the diet 100% then there is no way you are not in Ketosis so stop worrying. If you have cheated then you could have knocked yourself out.

As for the peppermint tea and pepper, we got our information from the LT DVD so I've no idea why your pharmacist is telling you that you can't have them but he is wrong. If you still don't believe me contact LT yourself and ask them.

Tablet sweeteners are fine, the only sweetener that is not allowed is the spoonable kind that looks like sugar/powder.

Day 2 for me...my breath reeked!!! Im going to have to get those Listerine strips my pharmacist sells because Im terrified I'll scare people away! Lol!

thanks 2ndattempt will try that im starting to feel more like my old self again (thankgod) so will persevere till i get weighed on tues. I'm with you on the breath though mine doesn't taste that bad only in morning just hope we have escaped that side effect xx

Its my 2nd day...thought I would do a ketostix test...but not yet in ketosis, only a very small trace...:(..was hoping ketosis would have kicked in by now :D

I dont have any side effects whatsoever yet,

feel sorry for you lot, as I seem to be skipping through this, maybe there is something wrong with,.. as I am not getting any side effects at all!!!:eek:..not that i want to feel ill or anything, but wouldn't mind some little indication that its starting to work..:confused:

I'm coming to the end of day 3, and I don't think I'm there yet. I don't feel like it and haven't lost much weight. I had a huge pizza the night before I started so think I've 'carb loaded' and it's taking me longer to get into ketosis.

I was fine up until days 5 and 6 - it affects everyone differently. You might escape the bad parts completely or you may just not be there yet...

Hey Rainbow brite,

Yea have stuck to it spot on....drinking min 2ltrs water...then black coffee and peppermint tea on of that.
Whateverabout peppermint tea..i found another website-pharmacy in UK that stocks LTR saying no pepper...
But think il take your word;) plus soup tastes better with pepper!!
Prob going to finish up LTR this wk...it will be my third wk....as hv a lot of stuff on...so going to to refeed and maintenance....and lose the rest...I have let food rule my life for so long....and i kinda feel the trf does that too(not bin out etc) so i am going to use maintenance to control my eating and lose another two stone!
A one point in august i weighed 13st 4lbs.........(on my own scales non a BAD DAY)...lost a bit through healthy eating..then weighed in sept 4th at 12st 10lbs in pharmacy...weigh in last thurs i weighed 12st 1/4lbs...hoping to be arond the 11st 10lb mark this thurs and then do refeed....
I really admire everyone that does the full TRF for a long duration...and its amazing how easy it is once you get going...however....I just feel iv become a little reclusive....Hope i don't regret the desicion???

Happy Sunday everybody x

Back