How long? UPDATED PLS HELP IM SO SORRY EVERY1 :(

i think you can stay on it until your in the healthy bmi range x

They usually set you a target at the beginning? Usually mid-healthy BMI range. Try to get as low as you can though before stopping, as they won't let you back on it if your BMI is 'normal', or slightly overweight! (As I found out...)

yep - usually around when you are in the healthy bmi range (although i hate the bmi junk!!! :giggle:) how long are you looking at doing it for?

They will leave you on it until you reach a realistic weight including a healthy bmi
the hardest part is the refeeding coping with the temptation of food again.
You usually put on a half stone after coming off it so be sure you are down enough.
Maintaining the low weight is torture for big eaters, snackers and lover of sweet things (all of which describe me)

You usually put on a half stone after coming off it so be sure you are down enough.

Ok speak for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone puts on weight!!! How can you say that? Thats just damn right out of order. Im sorry but if you follow the refeed sheet properly and to the letter and then carry on making sensible choices and maintaining then you wont put on any weight and will have a much healthier life.

If you head on over to the refeed and maintainence sections you will see some very good role models who have done so. Jan and Mary have done exceptional and have maintained for months and not put on half a stone like you say.

I wouldnt mind getting down to about 9lb at least.
Im really struggling tonight it feels like food is everywhere i look and i live in a town centre so all i can smell is takeaways.
I keep thinking what im going to do with myself at weekend coz i normally have a drink so its getting me down.
Plus i had the chicken soup for tea and omg it was discusting im still tasting it now after 4hrs.

I didnt do either the the refeed or maintenance & I didnt gain weight when I stopped, I have gained 10lbs in nearly 3 years as I have a sedentary (?) job, I never exercise & im getting older (last bit is fact unfortunately)!

I understand why people do need to continue with LT coming off TFR but I think it is down to the individual & how your body is affected once you stop. My colleagues think when I have finished on the shakes, after a couple of days I will be size of a house because they dont understand how it all works. I think you will know when you are ready & after talking to your pharmacist you can both decide when the time is right. I am joining bike2work scheme so I will be exercising & maintaining if you like in a way that I can handle, without setting the bar too high for myself to fall at first hurdle.

ps I was in slightly overweight & my pharmacy allowed me to go back on, will certainly bear that in mind if there is a next time re being refused 'entry'. I do have quite low blood pressure & my heart rate was up on start date, she said that was probably because I hadnt eaten or drank very much before getting weighed first time lol!!

Good luck you will be there in no time xxx

Shelley, hang in there. I just finished w1 and it is true that you won't feel hungry anymore. I found the first few days tough. Drink 4 ltrs water. It really helps. The soup is gross, i can't face it at all. Take heart, be strong.

I'm 2mths maintaining now and am still the same weight as the day I finished? I do plan to return to TFR for a few weeks to try to get as close to goal as possible, then I'll be on my own, as the pharmacy won't 'let' me do TFR anymore!

Ok speak for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone puts on weight!!! How can you say that? Thats just damn right out of order. Im sorry but if you follow the refeed sheet properly and to the letter and then carry on making sensible choices and maintaining then you wont put on any weight and will have a much healthier life.

If you head on over to the refeed and maintainence sections you will see some very good role models who have done so. Jan and Mary have done exceptional and have maintained for months and not put on half a stone like you say.

Very true summergirl, my mums been off tfr for 7 weeks and has infact lost an extra 2lbs below her goal weight. She eats healthy balanced meals with the odd thing she likes and is maintaining now. It can be done!!

The pharmacist will go by the bmi chart to see what minimum weight they will let you go to, my pharmacist said he wouldnt let me fall below 20. You dont have to go that low though - its how you feel that counts! xx

As summergirl said putting on weight is only going to happen if you do not follow the refeed to the letter for at least the first few weeks, hey we have been surviving on 450cals a day, so beleive me you can survive on a menu from the refeed plan for a few weeks. Plus it is heaven after nil by mouth for a long time. Get yourself to a healthy point you are happy with.
My only regret is that I personally did not get to my goal before I stopped LT and refed and I am on it again. My funny problem was asI lost weight and felt healthier and looked better, I was happy of course with how I was compered to the bigger me, this actually ditracted me from my final goal and I gotoff the lT train to early, so have a goal, commit to and be proud f what you are acheiving along the way remembering your final goal
xxx

Just to say that I have been off LT since the end of may, with healthy eating and restricted calorie control of about 1250 calories a day during the week, and more relaxed at the weekend I have managed to lose another stone since May.

Yes I have just put 4 pounds on due to being on holiday, but I KNOW I will lose a few pounds once I am back in my routine. I think it depends on your mindframe, I did not think LT was the end of my weight loss troubles, but saw it as being a springboard to get me to where I wanted to be. good luck x

My pharamcist didn't give me a plan or tell me where i should be when I stop, I sometimes get the feeling that through the LT website and this forum, i know more than he does! He didn't discuss goals or targets with me, I have set my own. I will tell him when I feel i'm ready to come off!

Back