How Long?

snowysand

Hi
Great forum here, loads of information!
I started xenical last Tuesday, when can I expect the 'side-effects'....
I have been sticking to a low fat diet, does everybody get the 'side-effects'?
Thank you
Sandie

Hi Sandie.

Welcome to the Xenical forum and yeah u will find loads of information here.

I'v been on Xenical for about four weeks and in the first three weeks or so i lost 12lb which i was so happy with. So they are good if you follow a low fat diet.

As for the side effects, this only happens if u eat too much fat, for example i was having a bad day couple of weeks ago and i had a curry for tea and didn't i no about it the day after.... that's the only time i have really had the dreaded side effect... lol won't be doing that again......

If u stick to 15grms of fat or less per meal u can't go wrong.

Best of luck

Chellax:):)

Thank you for the welcome, I have a long way to go and hope the Xenical will give a helping hand in the right direction. I used food as a substitute for giving up smoking and 20 months later the eating is way out of control along with my weight.....But since Tuesday I have stuck to a low fat diet and felt ok..:D Hopefully, I have stuck to the right amount to avoid the 'side-effects' lol

Hi
Great forum here, loads of information!
I started xenical last Tuesday, when can I expect the 'side-effects'....
I have been sticking to a low fat diet, does everybody get the 'side-effects'?
Thank you
Sandie

hey snowy!

you wont see any side effects if u still with in the rules! stick with no more than 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g per meal an you will do amazing!

good luck

luv katie

Welcome to the forums and goodluck with your xenical journey.

Welcome to the forums, and good luck on your weight loss journey. And like everyone else has said, stick to the 5% rule, and no more than 15g of fat per meal and you'll do fine. Weight loss means the tabs are working, side effects just mean you've had too much fat ;)

Thank you all! Your weight losses are truly inspiring :D
I have found today a little hard sticking on a low fat diet. I didnt give in to anything but felt like I wanted a 'comfort' meal...
Tomorrow another day and all that!

Thank you all! Your weight losses are truly inspiring :D
I have found today a little hard sticking on a low fat diet. I didnt give in to anything but felt like I wanted a 'comfort' meal...
Tomorrow another day and all that!

well done for sticking! I think it has something to do with sundays! I struggle on a sunday too ..and a friday and sat hehehe

xxxxxxx

Welcome to the forum

Kae has a good recipe which is a 'comfort' meal.......its quorn sausages/beans/colmans saus cass sachet/ what else Katie...i cant remember!

Anyway, sorry, you get the idea...its warming food. I like making quorn cottage pie and also chilli with quorn mince, nice for this colder weather thats setting in!

Good luck with your weight loss x

Thank you for the recipe idea, sadly I am unable to eat Quorn,I get the stomach ache from hell! Must be allergic or something as it happens each time I eat it....
I ended up cooking some sliced potatoes, sliced carrots and sliced onions in a casserole dish with veg stock cube and rosemary. It was very filling and very tasty.

okay theres some sticky threads at the top which explains everything about side effects and sticking to the 5g rule.. if you stick within the guidelines of this you should see NO side effects but on occasion you will prob finf that some foods even though they fit in low fat area will still cause truble this is because xenical can not determine good oils from the bad... eggs are usually a problem for many people so just be careful....

xx

good luck! :D xx

Back