How many calories do you eat?

I have 1680 a week and can lose 2-3lbs a week, if I stick to it! I eat my exercise calories back as well, mostly.

I eat between 1200 and 1300 and eat back exercise calories and lose about 2lbs a week.

I have a net of 1500 cals but also eat back my exercise calories. Can't say I have lost anything recently but I have maintained which I am pleased as if i was on SW before I would of gained. I have bad depression so staying the same is good for me at the moment but getting back into again this week with fourth day of 100% so we shall see if lose anything on Sunday :)

i have 1700 a day and been loosing on average 2 ib a week :) i dont eat my cals back but i do try to exercise at least 5 times a week and im still breastfeeding ( 2 years on lol) so thats probably helping my weight loss xxx

I eat 1500 and eat back my exercise cals too...I have been losing about 1-1.5lb a week.

I'm having between 1200 and 1400, just restarted so don't know my losses yet x

I eat 1200 a day and don't eat me exercise calories back. I have had good losses with this and though it's not a massive amount I don't care as I am getting closer and closer to target!

I have between 1200 and 1300 a day, I dont usually eat back all my exercise cals, jsut some of them if I feel hungry. I have lost average of 2lbs per week so far

Would love to know the proper answer for this! Am getting confuzzled with mfp/bmi/brm/and all the other acronyms!

At the moment MFP says 1200 for 2 pounds a week. I exercise most days, but dont often eat the calories back.

Weight loss stalled a bit this week - so am I not eating enough? I tried eating more on Saturday and ended up putting a pound back on :(

confused brain!

I am on 1370 using MFP and that is supposedly enough to give me a loss of 1.5lb per week, even with eating back exercise calories. Haven't weighed in yet but can't wait to see the result on the scales. Hoping calorie counting can give my weightloss a new lease of life :D

I started off on 1380, but after 10 days I was starving! I have now upped it to 1630 and feel more content.

On 1380, I only lost 1.4 lbs in the first week. I hope I'll manage it again this week on 1630.

Good luck!

I'm set up for losing 2lb a week, and MFP dropped me from 1460 to 1380 when I'd lost my first stone... its only 80 cals less but I find it much harder to stick to. I might override it with 1400 :)

Mfp has me on 1670 which seems a lot but I am over 20 stone do a long way to go do glad I'm not starting too low!

I have over-ridden the MFP suggestion and am currently enjoying up to 1600 cals a day and making sure I net at least my BMR which is 1400 - lost 3.5lbs this week :)

Not bad so close to goal ;)

I too have ignored MFP's calorie recommendation, based on past experience. I started on 1,800, now down to 1,600. I've lost 5 stone so far, since Aug 2011, so around 2lbs a week, nice and steady as recommended for sustainable loss. xx

i have ignored my mfp recommendation too and im eating 1700 a day, according to mfp i should be having 1380! !??!!?? other than that i love this app!

As I said earlier, I am on 1370 as set by MFP which supposedly will give me a loss of 1.5lb. Just wondering after reading your posts, should I be on more? I am 15 stone 5.5lb and I lost almost 4 stone with Weight Watchers from November 2010 to July 2011 but then I put about a stone back on. I am doing ok on the calories set by them as long as I plan my meals and eat healthy. If I want a bit of a naughty meal or a few drinks, I need to work up extra calories through exercise which I suppose is the point :)

Back