How many of you

Sealmylips

Are happy with your consultant?

I've just replied on another thread and it got me thinking about past consultants and other groups i've had, where i've felt REALLY motivated and been succesfull!

However i've recently moved and am on my 2nd group neither are in my local village as i cannot atened those times..the first consultant was very boring and no-one hardly stayed to image therapy - they never gave out any advice or tips, relying on us to help each other - and then to top it all off, their inspirational photo and press article of them when they first became a consultant is MUCH lighter than they are now (and i'm talking around 8 stone lighter)

The other group consultant also doesn't seem 'bothered'. Again very overweight and very Marjorie Dawes from little Britain - esque!! For example a member was on holiday last week and visited another group, she came back with a few ideas the consultant used in their group and our consultant just told them how 'busy' they were running x amounts of groups (2), and to feel free to take that role on themselves as they didn't have time to shop for the raffle, or do this that and the other.....

Now i have attended a recruitment drive and have sat and listened to what they expect of consultants and listened to the things that some consultants do - and even been inspired to take on that role myself in the future at some point, so i cannot help but feel let down sometimes! I love the plan, it really does work

A very interesting post and thread sealmylips! My consultant is fab, cant fault her. She runs 4 groups and is constantly on the look out for things to inspire and motivate us all. She always buys nice things for the raffle, is available 24/7, texts with support every week, and is on our group fbook page all the time! We could not do it without her, her image therapy is always fun, she starts with info about various things ie syn values, change of syn values, news from S W head office etc. She then starts with all the certs, then goes through everyones losses. We then have the raffle, and sometimes quizzes etc. We frequently have taster sessions too. It makes me angry that so many people have negative experiences in group due to consultants not seeming to care very much about the members, and the plans really. Sorry rant over

Well I think you should go for it!! I have been to slimming world and ww before and been thoroughly unimpressed with useless consultants who seem to be there only to make money for themselves and have no genuine interest in helping people loose weight. Luckily I have now found a lovely group and a fabulous consultant who is a real person, who struggles at times with her own weight and supports her group as much as we all support her. I won't go anywhere else now as I think the consultant makes all the difference. If you feel you can offer people support then go for it, after all, you have first hand experience of loosing weight, and you know what you would like to see from a class!

Each Slimming World 'area' has a manager who is responsible for all the consultants in her/his area. You could contact the manager and put your views to the manager. Alternatively, contact Slimming World. Their contact details are on the back of all books/magazines.

I have recently change groups and our leader is lovely, after going to her class I always come out motivated and full of new ideas. She texts me mid week and also emails and asks if I need help or ideas.

It is sad when people have a negative experience and I agree you could always contact SW and even do it anonymously if you are worried about the leader finding out. If no one complains things will never improve.

SW works really well and staying to class does help.

Hi, thought I'd share my 2 pence worth...

I have often said my consultant was good... but the more I have been on mini's the less sure I am. I didn't have it stressed to me the amount of superfree you should be eating on EE, even when I asked her directly she said it was only recommended as it gives u nutrients, nothing to do with how it helps you control the portions of free food. This is a major flaw, as my weightloss has been so slow!

Anyway, I changed groups 2 weeks ago because she moved to a new venue, and this new C is as charismatic as a potato. I am starting to wonder about how helpful I find image therapy. I might start a log and see if i notice a better weightloss if I stay compared to when I don't. Since finding this site I am less convinced I need it.

I will DEFINITELY keep weighing in though :)

My consultant is great and so are the ladies who help.She knows her stuff and always finds out if she doesnt. We have tasters and recipes and items to hand round and look at. We have free coffee and a she runs a raffle for a lovely basket of fresh fruit. She runs loads of classes so doesnt text us weekly, but she will always reply to any messages i send her. She even managed to do a class whilst in agony and hours before going into hospital, now thats dedication.

My consultant is ok, but it was annoying how sales pitchy she was in the first week, then how uninterested she was after that.

She also told me that as a veggie, I can only do green days, which is completely untrue. I have actually found that the only week I did all green days, I lost one pound, when I mix green and red, I generally lose two, so her 'helpful' advice and so-called expertise could have dramatically slowed me down. She rushed through the plans, so I basically just used the books to work it out.

I think it does depend where you go though. There are so many good ones out there! x

My consultant is super sweet. She's so supportive (she's lost 10 stones herself and knows all the tips and tricks) and I was so touched because she posted me a congratulations card when I got my half stone award (I don't know whether this was because I couldn't stay to image therapy that week or not though).

But I definitely find Image therapy so helpful, but my consultant makes it helpful.

Its a shame others aren't like that. I hope you can find a consultant who is amazing though.

My consultant is ok, but it was annoying how sales pitchy she was in the first week, then how uninterested she was after that.

She also told me that as a veggie, I can only do green days, which is completely untrue. I have actually found that the only week I did all green days, I lost one pound, when I mix green and red, I generally lose two, so her 'helpful' advice and so-called expertise could have dramatically slowed me down. She rushed through the plans, so I basically just used the books to work it out.

I think it does depend where you go though. There are so many good ones out there! x

Just wondering how you mix green and red if you are veggie? If you don't eat meat would that not cancel out the red days? As i thought red and green were the same if not similar? Or do you eat some meat, or fish etc? It's just i have a family member who has a completely meat and fish free diet and always does Green.

I so know what you can mean though about being uninterested after your first week.... xx

A very interesting post and thread sealmylips! My consultant is fab, cant fault her. She runs 4 groups and is constantly on the look out for things to inspire and motivate us all. She always buys nice things for the raffle, is available 24/7, texts with support every week, and is on our group fbook page all the time! We could not do it without her, her image therapy is always fun, she starts with info about various things ie syn values, change of syn values, news from S W head office etc. She then starts with all the certs, then goes through everyones losses. We then have the raffle, and sometimes quizzes etc. We frequently have taster sessions too. It makes me angry that so many people have negative experiences in group due to consultants not seeming to care very much about the members, and the plans really. Sorry rant over

Hollysnan and I agree on most things lol and this is definitely one of them. I have said in other posts how mad I get on your behalf fellow members when you are NOT getting the service you should be!
My consultant is brilliant - she genuinely cares and the dynamic and lively groups she runs are testament to this. I do the raffle, and am always on the lookout for new and inspiring things for everybody - we have regualr taster sessions which are lush, we have a recipe of the week, we have a facebook page, we have regular 2 pound challen ges if we are flagging a bit when we win lovely pamper things, we have a bit of friendly rivalry between the morning and evening group as to who can lose the most, we have meals out, we have a christmas do.............and as cheesy as it sounds, some real heartfelt friendships have been made through oor group.

I have been to other groups that aren't like this though and my daughter attended one last week where the money lady and the weigher didnt even say hello! Its shocking really, so my advice would be to keep looking around til you find the group you deserver, or...........become a consultant yourself x

I agree wholeheartedly stivesliz yet again! Think there are some pretty slap dash consultants around, and the social team have a responsibility to be friendly, polite, and helpful. I am thinking so many people must be put off S W because of negative experiences in group, and therefore miss out on a fantastic weight loss plan. Oh dear, on my soap box again, but I do get so annoyed by this:(

My consultant is a good one. She is out of her target and she admits it and says she is following the plan along with us. She is motivational, sends texts mid week, set us a facebook group up just for our class and her raffle prizes are always brill worth winning! Even when she was on holiday, this was my first two weeks, the stand in consultant was just as good she was nice enough and asking about recipes and things. I'd hate to have a rubbish consultant!!

We have new people joining up every week so people must hear good things about this group

I agree wholeheartedly stivesliz yet again! Think there are some pretty slap dash consultants around, and the social team have a responsibility to be friendly, polite, and helpful. I am thinking so many people must be put off S W because of negative experiences in group, and therefore miss out on a fantastic weight loss plan. Oh dear, on my soap box again, but I do get so annoyed by this:(

I'm on that soap box with ya lol!

My SW consultant is really nice, it's the lady who weighs me scares the hell out of me:8855:

Just wondering how you mix green and red if you are veggie? If you don't eat meat would that not cancel out the red days? As i thought red and green were the same if not similar? Or do you eat some meat, or fish etc? It's just i have a family member who has a completely meat and fish free diet and always does Green.

I so know what you can mean though about being uninterested after your first week.... xx

Veggie red days are possible, you do need to use your imagination a bit more. The carbs are just more restricted by healthy extra amount, or you can do the usual substitutions eg BNS instead of spuds the way a carnivore would.

Back to the topic, and my C is crap! I get a lot more out of class members than her!

My consultant is great, I don't know what I'd do if she wasn't to be honest, I mean most of the time I get on with it myself, but she's provided invaluable support through the times I've been struggling to loose ect.

I'd say my consultant is ok. He texts on our WI day saying he hopes to see us all and that we've had good weeks, but there seems to be a running trend where the computers will crash, he'll forget the books, the hi fi bars etc, the ladies that help him will be late on a regular basis etc.... that stuff doesn't bother me too much, it's just a shame we can't all have lovely consultants who are motivating, inspirational and thrive off helping... My guy seems a little bit off balance with that.

I really like my consultant, and the weigh lady they all seem really nice. She does really seem to take in interest when she is talking to people in IT
The only complaint I would have is that she can never remember who people are...in fact I didnt stay to group last week but I would have won SOW if I had, she tried to give the basket to the girl I go with as she thought she was me :( But she does have two very busy groups so cant really complain :)

I think I'm going to try a different group. Although it's a big group, everyone is friendly and the consultant is motivational there is too much wrong info being given out and not enough support. She told us the fat free fruit onken yoghurts were free (they're not), that flavoured philly was a HEa (it's not), original ryvita crackerbreads were a HEB (they're not) and members were saying that is was 4 sesame ryvita for a HEB (it's 3). I'm losing quite slowly although it is coming off, but I get told to go back to the books to make sure I'm not making any mistakes (I'm not). I want more from image therapy than just happy clapping and telling us about the odd SW friendly product. We are also being made to tell her our target weight! Apparently the PDA needs it? I always thought SW were all about letting you set your target when you were ready?

Back