How many of you

:crazy:Hi there, sounds a bit odd to me patchworkpuss!! I also understood that you set yr target when you were ready, that was certainly the case with me in fact all of our group!!! You cant set your target really until you have been going a while and see what you feel comfy with.MMMmmm another strange one that.:confused::confused::confused:

Having seen so many posts lately with members finding their consultants less than helpful, it's quite upsetting really. It has made me realise (even more) just how lucky I am to have the great Consultant I do.

My consultant is so warm and welcoming - she has made me feel part of the 'family' ever since the first day I joined SW; she has time for all members, new and old. I think the reason I like her so much is because she is so down to Earth; she is no different to us just because she is a consultant, she too struggles and has times where it becomes hard, and she talks about this openly and will always encourage us when we too are having a rough time. She's also really funny and enthousiastic, and I.T is always such a laugh! It's one of the things I most look forward to throughout the week, I really love going to class! She obviously spends a lot of time getting the raffle prizes and such too, as they're always really good/fun items. One week in the raffle I won a £5 meat voucher for a local butchers, a few weeks ago the prize was a pot of peppers that you grow yourself, etc.

It's not just in class we're given support though, she's always sending round funny, encouraging texts to help keep us on the bandwagon or make us feel better about orselves. We all know that she is just the other end of that phone whenever we need anything - may it be Syns value, advice, or just someone to chat to.

In my opinion, my consultant is everything a consultant should be, and it's no wonder she has won so many awards. I have been so luck to find such an amazing consultant & group, and I would not have gotten this far without them.

my consultant gets a BIG thumbs up from me, couldnt do the plan without her support and motivation. xxx

Great, these consultants sound like they are doing a fab job! Do they go to the group I attend ha ha? Mine is also fantastic on par with the two above posts. Nice to hear of some positive experiences.:) :) :)

My consultant is great, she is always in a good mood at class, she congratulates everyone no matter how bad they have been, and she has a good sense of humour. The raffle prize is always a good one, lately she has been getting the ingredients for a recipe and raffling that off, although i never win lol xxx

My consultant is awesome. So much so that she's inspired me to do a consultancy myself later this year. The SW job is her only job though, (she does 2 groups on a Monday, 2 on a Tuesday and 1 on a Wednesday) so she can devote a lot of time to texting her members, getting excellent raffle prizes etc. I just wonder if some of these not so good consultants (particularly the ones who seemed rushed and forget things etc) are also working a full time job? It might explain though not excuse why they're a bit slap dash - though I know that's no consolation if you're in a group run by someone like that!

I have heard of a few consultants in my area not being really bothered but I can't say the same for mine. She is lovely. Really motivating & supportive! Such a big help :)

I love my consultant. She is encouraging, welcoming, texts for support, little note sent to say well done, understands when things are tough. I went to another club (which shall remain nameless) but all the leaders had a lot of weight to loose , they had been at target but had put it on, not very encouraging. But I love most of the slimming consultants.

My consultant is lovely. She always has a laugh with us. There is a raffle & sow basket. We have a FB group too & interact with each other & the consultant during the week. She runs 4 classes in 2 locations & we have a wee competition to see which location looses the most weight. I love going & wouldn't want my C to change.

On the other hand we had a stand in last week. There was no motivational talk or raffle. She just went round every person with her pda, asked their name, announced what they had or hadn't lost to the group. She questioned why it had happened & what they would do next week. She made everyone set a target for the following week. The whole evening was dull, long & horrible. One lady refused as she said it was no ones business but her own as to what she had lost. She made a valid point that setting weekly targets would put too much pressure on herself so she aimed to stick to plan & would be glad of any loss.

The difference in C's has made me (& the rest of class) thankful that our regular C is so motivational & inspiring xo

Sent by Mrs Cupcake to be <3

My consultant is what you'd call dynamic! Knows her stuff and I like the way she tells folk to stop talking when we're trying to do body magic. I went to an interview re doing a consultant job. Both managers were morbidly obese, and one said she'd lost her weight on strawberries and cottage cheese!!!!!!!!!!! I was not impressed and I think they knew it! Needless to say I was not offered the job! They want folk who will tow the corporate line.

i like my consultant but i have only ever been to her class so i have no basis for comparison. she's very sweet and knows her stuff, she has set up a facebook group and she posts random motivational things on there most days, and comments on peoples posts etc, she is really cheery and will o out of her way to help so I think she is great

Sealmylips said:
Are happy with your consultant?

I've just replied on another thread and it got me thinking about past consultants and other groups i've had, where i've felt REALLY motivated and been succesfull!

However i've recently moved and am on my 2nd group neither are in my local village as i cannot atened those times..the first consultant was very boring and no-one hardly stayed to image therapy - they never gave out any advice or tips, relying on us to help each other - and then to top it all off, their inspirational photo and press article of them when they first became a consultant is MUCH lighter than they are now (and i'm talking around 8 stone lighter)

The other group consultant also doesn't seem 'bothered'. Again very overweight and very Marjorie Dawes from little Britain - esque!! For example a member was on holiday last week and visited another group, she came back with a few ideas the consultant used in their group and our consultant just told them how 'busy' they were running x amounts of groups (2), and to feel free to take that role on themselves as they didn't have time to shop for the raffle, or do this that and the other.....

Now i have attended a recruitment drive and have sat and listened to what they expect of consultants and listened to the things that some consultants do - and even been inspired to take on that role myself in the future at some point, so i cannot help but feel let down sometimes! I love the plan, it really does work

My consultant is fab she loves it when people share their ideas and foods they have found and always mentions it at i.t if I post a recipe on her sw Facebook page she will mention it or print it she's fab can't fault her ... I would love to help others too by becoming a consultant :)

I didn't get to see my first one past the first meeting, circumstances meant i couldn't go back to that group so i went to a different one to get weighed, but again didn't stay at that group it was too far so i went to my third one and she was okay. I stuck with her for -13lbs then went on holiday and didn't go back. Don't know how anyone in that group lost cause the C was hefty, no joke she was about 20st. So i went to my ...what am i on...fourth? and again she was okay but i just wasn't in the right frame of mind so i again quit.

Finally i went to the one i am at now and i have to say fate has a way of working. I love her to bits shes really motivational shes went from 25st to about 10st and looks amazing and is so open with everyone, tells us her losses and gains and treats us like part of the group not just people shes lecturing. I really feel motivated this time and i am loving my group, i can't wait to see what i can do.

I'd say my consultant is ok. He texts on our WI day saying he hopes to see us all and that we've had good weeks, but there seems to be a running trend where the computers will crash, he'll forget the books, the hi fi bars etc, the ladies that help him will be late on a regular basis etc.... that stuff doesn't bother me too much, it's just a shame we can't all have lovely consultants who are motivating, inspirational and thrive off helping... My guy seems a little bit off balance with that.
Oh that's awful, our consultant always has her shop stocked with recipe books hifi bars and scan bran packs. Its a bit awful when consultants don't make a lot of effort. Can't we complain annonomously with things like this?
I think I'm going to try a different group. Although it's a big group, everyone is friendly and the consultant is motivational there is too much wrong info being given out and not enough support. She told us the fat free fruit onken yoghurts were free (they're not), that flavoured philly was a HEa (it's not), original ryvita crackerbreads were a HEB (they're not) and members were saying that is was 4 sesame ryvita for a HEB (it's 3). I'm losing quite slowly although it is coming off, but I get told to go back to the books to make sure I'm not making any mistakes (I'm not). I want more from image therapy than just happy clapping and telling us about the odd SW friendly product. We are also being made to tell her our target weight! Apparently the PDA needs it? I always thought SW were all about letting you set your target when you were ready?

Yeah nobody has asked me for a target weight

my sw consultant has recently got us all thinking about a target weight but as some have alot to loose its not always easy to set a target she asks if you want to but doesnt push the issue which i like actually as the closer i get to what i think my goal will be i just think nah a few lb lower as im not struggling and the pda doesnt need it

I am currently doing SW from home. Our local consultant is AWFUL! She is very overweight and I think always has been (my mum had done SW on and off for years). Consultant has no interest in the diet or the group annd is not remotely motivational. In class she brought no recipes or anything and we literally got weighed by her helper then she read our if we had lost etc and that was it. Complete waste of money and really rubbish! X

I have set my target as a size (12) rather than a weight.

As regards the different consultants. I was a consultant 15 years ago, there weren't many of us then. I left because all the company were interested in was the money and not the members. My area manager actually said to me after I'd given her my weekly figures - after giving me a hard time for lack of sales, (she got a percentage of what I earned) - she actually stated that she'd say one thing for me - my weight losses were good. I'd thought that was the point

Anywho.... Everyone thought that I left SW because I got fat again - I actually got fat because I left SW,

There are so many consultants now, that I think that you can easily shop around till you find one that 'fits'.

My first consultant was brilliant really took the time to get to know you etc. taster nights always brought a fab raffle prize. I had to leave as my husband started working away and I didn't want to take my daughter out past bedtime as she was 3. She even text me when my mum (who used to go with me) died a few months later and sent a card from the group.
So I moved to a closer group better time. Left 2x as the consultant wasnt my cup of tea. Keeps sow for people even if they've not stayed to it. Etc. and what drove me mad apart from her daughter who did the wi sneering at all us fat people and making sarky comments like oops was it a cream cake to many etc. is that she called everyone mate. She wasn't at target either!! So I left. It took her 7 weeks to notice lol.
I'm now at another group. The consultant is better. The people are ok. She calls us mate. It's the other consultants sister!!! Was v glad I didn't tell her how bad my other consultant was on the first night. Or ic never have gone back lol!!

My consultant is fab! Everyone at group is very friendly from the people helping to the members. We have sow basket every week (which was overflowing with fruit and veg this week) and a raffle. We have regular taster sessions. She is very supportive. She texts us regularly and replies quickly when we text her. I enjoy going to group for the people and the atmosphere.

Back