how many sins do i need?

hello!!

i'm only just starting the plan - i joined online for a few months but fell off the wagon. Now i'm back in the dieting mood properly and ready to give this a 100% shot - however my online membership has expired, but i've still got all the books etc. What i was wondering is, in the books it says to have between 5 and 15 sins..how do i know how many to have? do i start at 15 or somewhere in the middle like 10? I'm not exactly a lightweight, but obviously want to shift this flippin' weight as fast as i can, so i'd really really appreciate your thoughts on this one. :D

I've always aimed for 10. You could start on 15 and if you don't lose much reduce to 10? Don't start too low or when you get close to target and it starts getting harder the shift the pounds you won't have anything to cut back on!

Hiya,

well I think Syns should be used as and when you want them. Always best to have them at the beginning of starting the new eating plan as this gives you more flexibility and wont make you feel so restricted in food choice.
As you succeed (yay!) then you can start to reduce then when you hit plateaus.

I think the key is to not change your 'diet' so drastically that you feel you cant eat the things you like or want. We are all tempted to do this at the begnnning as we all want great loss, fast! BUT this really has to be a change in eating habbits, so if you fancy cheese on toast, syn it Hex a+b it. Plan wisely and youll never feel deprived ;)

I tend to change day by day. Some days I only need 5 or 6 and other days I'll have 15. I think knowing I can use up to 15 makes me feel in control. Good luck

thank you very much indeed..i think i might go for 10 x7 = 70 a week..and then i have a few in reserve if i need them. i must confess that i will probably use at least half of them for a few vino's on a weekend, but i suppose like your advice, it will pay to not change my ways TOO much.. thanks again! I'm SOOOO hoping this works xx

I've always tried to aim for about 10, well 7-8 really, which affords me a bit of leeway for the days I end up having a few more and for times that I may underestimate slightly! Having said that I know that a lot of Miniminners say that they have 15 and still have good losses! I don't think it's a good idea to aim too low because as you near your target you won't have anywhere to go! X

Back