How many syns does everyone else have?

I tend to have at least 10 if not 15 a day - yesterday I had yoghurt (2) casserole (3) hi fi bar (5.5) and jam (1.5)!!
I've always used most of them but if I want to lose a pound or two (i'm at target) then i'll cut down to 5 a day and it works for me.

I started out using 15 syns/day (or 105 over the week) until my weight loss slowed down and now I have 10/day or 70 over the week and my weight losses have improved.

I say have all your 15 syns until your weight loss slows down and then reduce to 10 a day.

Syns are not sins. Sins are bad, Syns are the synergy of the plan, they are there to keep you on track and to allow the plan to fit entirely in to your lifestyle. They are no an extra, they are part of the plan and should be included as part of the plan.

Agree!

Would I be ok having 15 syns a day? or would I be pushing it a bit, being relatively small? I keep having flashbacks to another well-known diet where my mum could have so much more food than me cos she was heavier!

I'd say you'd be better off sticking to 10 but if you are having 15 and losing weight then there's no harm carrying on. If your losses slow down then drop down to 10

Thanks Taz,so what do you advise for me to do? I have just started and have about 1.5 stone max to loose. Some advice if possible.

I'd say 10 for you hun. You could start on 15 if you think you'd be more comfortable with that but if you have slow losses then cut back to 10

Cheers for that! I think I'm going to have mine weekly rather than daily so if I aim for 70 that should be about right.

Back