How much activity are you doing?

I used to go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week but about 2 months before xmas decided to give up dieting and just stopped going. I am now gradually going back to the gym 2-3 times a week at the moment and doing just 55 mins at a time. Not back up to the fitness i was but getting there.

I hope it doesn't affect my weight loss, although it hasn't so far. I don't want to stop going because I don't want to think that I can just sit on my bum and let the wieght fall off. I want it to be a change in lifestyle. I'll keep doing it anyway and see how it goes.

I think it's better to try and do something than do nothing at all.

I think it's better to try and do something than do nothing at all.

I think that's genius logic there Becks!! I must sort myself out this week. I'm being sooooo lazy atm!!

B x

Hi

I am on day 13 and I did get the bag, shaker/mixer, book and pedometer however so far the most I have walked is 2,500 steps. Tricked you there as I am actually in plaster I broke my leg six weeks ago today and am in the next hour (subject to xray) the plaster will be off :D:D:D:D

My activity (usually) is walking to the car, to work and back to the car again and around the office. So, once I have got this plaster off I am aiming to walk the 10,000 steps and then in a 3/4 weeks I want to start doing a class of some description (if I am brave enough)

Next weigh in tomorrow night

love wilbslim

Coming to end of week 4 & not given pedometer, just bag & water bottle.

Haven't had much in the way of councilling either yet, but there's been new people every week so far.

Exercise I'm deliberately keeping light, walk the dog every day for about 30 mins and been to the gym once a week for ~ 1hr, mostly on bike but some weights as well. I want to step it up but wary of too much too soon, and I don't want to put myself off.

Would be interested in how many steps I take on average though.

It has only been taking just over 4 miles a day to do around 10,000 steps... so not totally hard to achieve!

Sensible approach Sean.
I've always though, that getting in to the habit of exercise is good and all, but at the end of the day, exercise will still be there once you finish LL/RTM; so don't force it :)

misswee, 4 miles to do 10000 steps is a great way of looking at it; I walk more than that home each day alone, let alone what I do while at work, evenings etc!

I used to swim several evenings a week and walk the hills of a weekend, but have stopped swimming since a fire put the pool out of action, and stopped walking because it has been too da***d cold. Pool now open again so I need to get off my backside and to set to it.

I'm in week 3 and a bit concerned that folk have said exercise can slow down weight loss. Anyone found this themselves?

All I know is, my weightloss slowed to 3lbs a week for 4 weeks, I started walking/jogging home from work each day, and bam! 6lbs lost last week.

I'm doing the same this week, so Friday's WI will prove wether it was just a lucky week, or that the extra exercise really does help.

Al I would say though, is that in week 3, I know walking for anything more than around 20 minutes made me sooooo tired, took me till around week 11 to be able to keep up a good pace for anything longer than that (and I did a lot of walking even when I was 20 stone as I don't drive so walked home from work a lot of the time and never struggled).

So if you do decide to do something, take it easy, and pay attention to what your body is telling you. Don't push yourself thinking it's good to "feel the burn"; on LL, that's bad!

Pete
Thanks so much. Your post is really helpful. I WILL get back in the pool but not let my swimteam buddies pressure me to doing too much too soon.

Hi
Just did a 3 mile road bike ride today from Leeds to Bolton Abbey
Took me 3 hrs which is 30 mions more than last summer however it was damm cold and windy on way back
Just took it steady and drank plenty of fluids
Gonna sleep well tonight
I am keen to lose weight and get fit/ tone up but after looking at latest picture of Pete he now looks like he must come with

" The Charles Atlas seal of approval "

Exercise but be aware of what your body is telling you, reduce intensity and go for it

Cheers

James :D

lol
I was thinking "1 mile per hour??" when I read that post jim :p
37 miles, whoa that is a real feat while on a VLCD mate, well done you!

Back