How much boullion can you drink?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by roundrachel, 15 January 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    how many boullion drinks are we allowed per day? (the stuff that's not LL you can get from the supermarket that's much cheaper) I know we are only allowed two savory drinks so I'm guessing it's the same?

I have a friend doing LL at the moment (following my success!) and she just wanted to know but I never had any of the stuff when I was on it.

BL, I know this is your area of expertise so I'm sure you'll have an answer!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Far as I know it's 2 servings, the same as the LL savoury drink though I don't know about how much of it you use per serving!

4. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    yes....2

5. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    thank you! I'll let her know x

6. amanda30ronan

amanda30ronan Full Member

what is bullion ??? am i missing out on something tasty ? lol :D

7. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Yes it's tasty a clear savoury soup really, made by Marigold. It comes in a round tub, sold in health food shops and supermarkets, usually near the stock cubes etc.
    There's the standard version in the green tub with an orange lid and a puprle version which is lower salt. I think there's a vegan version too - not sure.
    You can have 2 teaspoons per day. The green one is quite salty, but I like it best.
    It's spelt bouillon and pronounced bweeyon, not bullion (that's gold.

Last edited: 16 January 2010
  8. amanda30ronan

lol thanks i was thinking it was like gold bullion !! what does it taste like ? kinda like oxo ?? just wondering if its worth me buying some as I am really struggling with the soups , therye making me gag and am only on day 5 !!!

9. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    No , it's clear and light, rather like chicken soup, but veggie, slightly celery taste, very savoury. I like it. You still have to have the soups or shakes. The bouillon really helps you to drink the amount of water you need without it getting too boring.
    I find the LL fruity water flavourings help too. You can have them warm or cold. They are expensive, but also help in the toilet department if you have a tendency to constipation on the diet - although if you drink plenty of water that helps too.
    If it's any consolation you do get more used to the soup flavours as time goes by. ( I did it for 10 months!)
    If you try not to think of them as something tasty, but just a way of getting all the nutrients you need to stay healthy it does help. Just a means to an end really.
    Good luck - keep going. It is SOOOOOO worth it. xx

10. amanda30ronan

i know i just hold my nose and think I NEED TO DRINK THIS !!! lol i love the shakes tho !
    ok thanks I wont buy any then as i cant stand celery !! lol

11. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    You don't have to have the soups. You can have all shakes. Some of them are really nice warm. The vanilla is good hot with a spoonful of good instant coffee whisked up. It's like cappucino. YUM

12. amanda30ronan

yeah i am going onto the shakes only , sounds yummmy if only i liked coffee lol

13. Jennifer80

Jennifer80 Full Member

I really love the savoury broth mmm and i LOVE the vanilla shake with a coffee, i have just discovered it :D It wakes me up 1st think in the morning and keeps me full until dinner time :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.