How much can I expect to lose each week on SW??

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
Hi All

I would like to start SW as soon as poss and atm I am getting all the info I can on the diet as I will be doing it solo rather than going to a group session thing. Just wanted to get some sort of an idea of what the average losses are like each week. I currently weigh 18 and a half stones... so have lots and lots to lose... but I really want to have a baby and want to lose a reasonable amount of weight before i start trying...

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

SW advise a healthy weight loss of one to two pounds a week :)

It varies. The more you have to lose the larger the initial losses are but it will slow and settle at 1-2lb a week as PP says :). My best has been 4lb in a week.

I think the thing I found with slimming world, was not how much I could lose each week, but how well I could consistently lose. The plan is so easy that it really dosent feel like any hardship following it, so even though some weeks I only lost one pound, I was able to very easily consistently lose each week, and those pounds really did start to add up. I had a few occasional weeks of big losses, the most was 4lb, and many weeks of only loosing one pound, along the way I even had a couple of weeks where I stayed the same. But ultimately it only took six months to lose three stone and get to target. And because I found the plan so easy to follow and was able to fit it in around everyday life without feeling like I was missing out, I have continued to follow the plan (min to fri) with weekends a little more relaxed and so far have managed to maintain for three months.

so I reckon you shouldn't worry about the big losses, it's the consistent losses that make the difference. Good luck x x

thanks for the advice :) i guess your all right... the consistent loss is most important.. i think with past diets i would lose loads each week but then as soon as i stopped i piled the weight back on. i will be combining it with lots of exercise as well so hopefully that will help me lose a bit more... ive recently been put on levothyroxine as i have low thyroid... im just hoping with the tablets, exercise and healthy eating i'll finally have the winning formula

I have similar stats to you and my biggest loss was 4lb. Had 3 a few times but usually 1 or 2. Depends on the person and amount to loose. Some people in my class lost 5-8lb consistently for about the first 6weeks before settling down to 1-3. All the best.xx

hey thanks for your response :)

im guessing that coz of how much i need to lose I may start off losing a good amount and slowly it will go down which I am happy with... i intend to do lots and lots of exercise with this so hopefully that will help me lose a bit extra....

well done on your weight loss so far x

I think the thing I found with slimming world, was not how much I could lose each week, but how well I could consistently lose. The plan is so easy that it really dosent feel like any hardship following it, so even though some weeks I only lost one pound, I was able to very easily consistently lose each week, and those pounds really did start to add up. I had a few occasional weeks of big losses, the most was 4lb, and many weeks of only loosing one pound, along the way I even had a couple of weeks where I stayed the same. But ultimately it only took six months to lose three stone and get to target. And because I found the plan so easy to follow and was able to fit it in around everyday life without feeling like I was missing out, I have continued to follow the plan (min to fri) with weekends a little more relaxed and so far have managed to maintain for three months.

so I reckon you shouldn't worry about the big losses, it's the consistent losses that make the difference. Good luck x x
Love this post!

Aim for 1% of your body weight on a consistent basis, 18 stone is 252 pounds. = 2 1/2 pounds a week, obviously as your weight drops that will drop down accordingly.

I know you said you are going it alone but I would suggest you go along to one meeting to get the books and the new member talk. Good luck with your weight loss journey.

denise

I have been on SW for 101 weeks, I have lost over 7 stone, I loose from 0 lb to 6 lb per week, this equals about 1lb per week over the 101 weeks.....

I know you said you are going it alone but I would suggest you go along to one meeting to get the books and the new member talk. Good luck with your weight loss journey. denise

Ive got the 2013 books really cheap from ebay just waiting for them to arrive. Hopefully should be okay and doing lots of reading on here :) thank you n good luck to you as well

I have been on SW for 101 weeks, I have lost over 7 stone, I loose from 0 lb to 6 lb per week, this equals about 1lb per week over the 101 weeks.....

Wow that is absolutely fantastic :))) well done to you.... Do you combine exercise with your diet as well?

Back