how much can I expect to lose?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by irisheyes, 18 July 2008 Social URL.

1. irisheyes

irisheyes Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Hi, I've just started ww after being on CD. I know everyone's different but at 5 4" and 12 st can anyone approximate how long it'll take me to get to 9st 7lbs? I know losses are slower on ww but what would be a reasonable expectation?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

WW say you can lose up to 7lbs a month. You might have an initial gain coming off CD (although lots of people don't) but after that you could lose the 2.5 stones in 5 months.

Starlight has had quicker losses than that - you might want to read her diary thread.

I've been doing ww for 3 weeks and have lost 8lbs so far.

4. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

while on cd, recommended daily water allowance was 2 1/2 - 4 litres..
    does anybody know what the recommended daily water allowance is on weightwatchers? well done karen lou on ur weight loss so far x

5. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I don't really know the answer to that for sure, but in my ww journel it says 8 glasses...suppose it really depends on the size of your glass as to how much that is, but it's ok for a rough guide. You don't NEED to drink any certain amount of water as far as I'm aware (it doesn't affect weight loss anyway - not in my experience of ww anyway) but it's obviously good for you, so glug away as much/little as you want is my advice. Sorry if that's no help :eek:

6. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

thanks marie that was a lot of help,many thanks x :)

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi there

As everyone else has said you can lose half a stone a month :)

There are no water guidelines for WW but do bear in mind you intake about 2l a day through food, so your 2l up straight away. I usually drink about 2l a day of sugar free squash but Ive never found that my water intake has any bearing on my weight loss

8. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

thanks starlight x

9. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    And why a i drinking 2l of water a day then lol if it dont help weight loss??????

10. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

i thought it helped too saraian. all different diets have different guidelines i suppose. im definately going to cut back on the 3 litres i have been drinking x

11. Bananas

Bananas Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I notice a big difference if i have my 2-3 litres of water a day. I feel fuller and always have bigger losses. Not sure why...

It only seems to work for me with water though, drinking loadsa tea/diet coke etc never seems to make much difference.

12. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

thank you wannabe10 x

13. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Sometimes you might think you are hungry when you are actually thirsty so from that point of view it is good to make sure you get enough to drink.

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Cos its good for you ;) 2l is the recommended intake whether youre on a diet or not :)

15. SiobhanVon

SiobhanVon Silver Member

I found that the week I upped my water intake I lost more and was less hungry! xxx

16. SiobhanVon

SiobhanVon Silver Member

I think drinking 8 glasses is plenty though!x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.