How much exercise do you do and does it help?

I totally agree - I've started walking the end of last year (6 days out of 7 - Sunday as my day of rest lol) and what started out as "I'd better get moving if I don't want a gain over Christmas" and a new year's resolution has become something I look forward to. I even miss it if I don't manage to go that day! :faint2:

I cancelled my gym membership last year as I would either go all the time by forcing myself or have weeks of saying I'd go "tomorrow". I know now it was because that type of exercise wasn't for me. I've started enjoying walking so much I've been looking at walks held by local ramblers association groups to join and using websites that allow you
to map walks and share those from other users.
Anything that gets you moving is great and if you find something you love it won't be an effort.

Plus you've been fit before so you can definitely do it again :)

i dont do any apart from my wii fit...
i like doing the running and the step it really makes me feel like im working hard.
I used to go to the gym but cant afford it anymore.
I have an excersise bike which is now in the shed, maybe i should bring that back out and dust the cobwebs off!
xxx

iv got a treadmill, which is used for hanging washing on,lol, and exercise bike, ab trimmer, a stepper, weights, a whole home gym nearly but i need to motivate myself to use it again. I think its where i have to move things out the way to get on it i cant b bovered id use it if it was up and ready to go.

To be honest I've hardly done any actual exercise since I started the plan, and I managed to lost 1st 10 in 3 months (put 5lbs back on over xmas booo haha)

I work long hours on my feet though where I'm running around alot, and I tend to walk quite a bit too, so it's not like I'm not active at all!

I'm actually going the gym today though haha! I feel alot fitter now and less embarassed to actually go so I'm gona go down soon and see how it goes... gona take it easy and go a couple of times a week to start off with :D

iv got a treadmill, which is used for hanging washing on,lol, and exercise bike, ab trimmer, a stepper, weights, a whole home gym nearly but i need to motivate myself to use it again. I think its where i have to move things out the way to get on it i cant b bovered id use it if it was up and ready to go.
I'm exactly the same. I have a bike, a stepper, an air walker and a thigh trainer as well as a step block and a gym ball. When I get a bigger place I will have it all set up in a room where I can just go in there and put on some music and exercise at leisure!

I have several dvds (exercise ones that is!) and I actually did one for 20 mins today! 1st time in forever! Boy was I warm! Matine McCutcheons dance one. Very cheap from ebay, but quite fun, I may even do the upper/lower and abs workouts with it tomorrow!

im total opposite i have lots of stuff at home and i am forever using it and i work in leisure centres i swim but i dont go to the gym as much as thats out the way so gym stuff i do at home each day and swim in work :)

Back