How much exercise?

Bananadrama

Silver Member
Hi All, I'm in my 2nd week of exante now and had a good first week but didn't do any exercise.
How much are we advised to do on this and how much will it assist with my weight loss? I was hoping just to do toning exercises (callanetics BRILLIANT for that) but nothing too strenuous. Fomr experience, do we NEED to be burning fat through exercise too to keep going with the weight loss or will it be just as good without it?? x

Grest post Bb! I start on Tuesday and from what I can gather I won't feel much like exercising the first week but plan to do zumba and treadmill ( and lots of walking! ) but I think this will depend on our personal limits, how we feel and nothing too strenuous. A lovely lady on here said Exante recommend no more than 30 mins per day . Xx

Hi MM :) Yes that's what I thought too, to go to your own limits. I have a 1 year oldwho keeps me busy so I think from tomorrow I might just start taking her for a walk everyday. That along with my callanetics toning DVD should be enough hopefully. I just don't want to hinder the weight loss by not exercising but it's a real struggle to fit it in atm! Woohoooo congrats on starting Tuesday! It's a brilliant plan and once you're through the first 2-4 days you will feel BRILLIANT! These boards are fantastic for support too as when you look at people who are doing exante, they've all lost LOADS in a relatively short space of time, when you see that, it's all the motivation you need :) Good luck xxx

I know, I keep saying I'm so excited to start a diet, how strange! Lol. Pushing the buggy is a fantastic form of light exercise and burns loads of calories. Exactly what I plan to do and cut down on my zumba to see what I'm capable of doing! Really nervous about the first few days but I know I can do it, really want to. What a brilliant loss for your first week!! Amazing! Xxx

Have heard that you don't lose as much if you exercise but thats only because you are toning muscle and muscle weighs more than fat !! I lost 7lbs in my 1st week and i did exercise but i only did what i usually do .... wouldn't start doing anything too over powering just build it up over time .... i'm hoping that the exercise will tone up my wobbly bits as i go ...lol

Grest post Bb! I start on Tuesday and from what I can gather I won't feel much like exercising the first week but plan to do zumba and treadmill ( and lots of walking! ) but I think this will depend on our personal limits, how we feel and nothing too strenuous. A lovely lady on here said Exante recommend no more than 30 mins per day . Xx

Hi, i do Zumba classes also ....i usually do 2 a week and a salsa/la rueda class also as well as cycling the school run .... the week i started was at Easter so i only did 1 Zumba class and 1 salsa class .....still had enough energy which i was pleased about as i did worry i wouldn't have the stamina...lol

Thanks mitchsa, was worried about feeling too weak to do anything the first week! Now I know I have some hope! I think I actually toned muscle when I STS last week (was following slim fast) so I think I may need to cut my exercise down anyway Xxx

MM - exante is fab compared to slimfast. I was always hungry when I tried that. I think I'm just going to do what I would normally do, not go out to DO exercise but if I do a bit then it's a bonus! lol Suits me just fine..I'll do it the starlight way :D

Lol sounds like a fab idea, think I might follow suit! Yeah was always hungry on slimfast, although I have lost a stone, just no more since! Extante sounds great!! Xxx

It really is....a week ago, I was a stone heavier than I am now! :D BRILLIANT!!!! Best of luck, make sure you let me know how you get on!!!xxx

Just bought a lovely pair of size 12 trousers from topshop for when I loose all my weight! That's how determined I am! Lol. In awe of your success!! Will be sat by the door waiting for the delivery man tomorrow hehe. Speak soon! Xxx

WOOHOOOOO go MM!!! LOL! I bought my wedding dress in a 16 (I'm a size 18/20 atm) but it's a small 16 so morelike a 14! I'll be happy when I can fit into it! Ooooh are you starting tomorrow then once your delivery arrives???! xx

I tried those pants on today and they already bloody fit because they're an elssticated waistband! Lol so just another excuse to buy smaller clothes! When do you get married BB? How much time have you given yourself to get to goal? Getting married must be the ultimate incentive!! Way to go! Lol. Pack still hasnt arrived :( had 2 slim fast shakes... might have one more and save my new packs for tomorrow! Xxx

Hi :)
I get married on October 1st and want to get to 10st by then so thats another 70lbs to go. FINGERS CROSSED! I've been told by everyone that as long as I stick to it that will be no problem. Proof is in the pudding as they say. :D Still no pack?? I thought it was next day delivery!??!?!? lol

Back