how much is too much

SBR08

i was on LT last year and went from 10st 4 to 8 and a half stone, i have been travelling abroad alot recently with work so took a few months off. I have not eaten correctly and have put weight back on, im now 9st 2 so have started LT again today

I am 5'1 and when i have my weigh in my ticket says my lightest weight is 7 and a half stone, im not sure whether to go to that or if thats too small. I am currently a size 12 but want to be a size 8

hi there, my manager at work is 5ft exactly and is a size 8 - she looks very healthy and well. I think that size 8 is a healthy goal for your height :)

Hi,
It really depends on your ethnicity. The BMI charts in the UK are taken from research on the White population. It is felt that they apply to the black population (because of the high incidents of diabetes and heart disease, a lower BMI would be healthier, I have issues with this and think ethnicity specific BMI charts would be more appropriate rather than adopting a eurocentric approach!). Some ethnicity specific BMI charts are available, particularly for the south east asian population who really should not use the same BMI charts as the white population.
For you, I would say see how it goes. See how your body feels and what is comfortable for you. Keep in mind healthy limits and talk to your pharmacist as you go. You do not need to set a target yet!
All the best xx

Wooohoooo hello you!! Didn't know you were back on board!! Recognise ur name from the other place xx

yes u!! nj

it's Rachel, u persuaded me to sign up to this LT lark remember???

oh hello! u look totally different or maybe im getting u mixedup with someone else!

5 stone? woweeeee! yes im trying to get back on the bandwagon as of today, fingers crossed!

Like everyone has said, small sizes look great on people who are 5'2 or shorter. But if you're not sure, just go by how you look. Are you happy with the way you look. If so, then weight shouldn't matter much :D

Also depends on your body structure!
I am only 5'2 and for me to be a size 8 i would look stupid and desperatly thin. I am naturally 'flump' and i dont want to be an 8 - i would be happy with a size 10/12 as i know this size suits my frame. I guess you will see as you go along .. :D

Back