How much 'media' coverage do you do if Slimmer of the Year?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ladykeltik, 12 October 2006 Social URL.

1. ladykeltik

ladykeltik Full Member

Hiya

My CDC is encouraging me to apply for Slimmer of the Year. I am interested, but Im wonder just how much media you have to do, they types of media you do, and what else is expected if you win. The reason I ask, is that being a teacher, I dont need every student knowing how I lost weight etc., I also dont think my family would approve. So before I complete the application, I wanted to make sure I had all the facts!!!

Thanks

Leighann

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lavender

lavender Silver Member

hey shout it from the roof tops, what an acheivement, I am sure anyone who cares for you would be so proud and those that dont, well who cares what they think!!!!

4. JustJo

JustJo Cambridge Counsellor

To be honest, Leighann, as a teacher myself, I know exactly where you're coming from! I personally would never do any publicity (although i've been approached), as it could make my life very awkward at work.

I think most of the slimmer award publicity is done within Cambridge circles, but I can't be sure that it wouldn't be publicised elsewhere. Perhaps you should check with Cambridge directly?

Jo x

5. Kerensa Preedy-Houston

Kerensa Preedy-Houston Member

Hi Leighann,

It can be quite a lot - Last years winner was in a national mag, is used in some advertising (counsellors adverts, flyers) etc. It depends on a variety of factors to be honest. If you want to talk about this further please PM or call me.

Cheers, Kerensa

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.