How much more

charl-x

What was your start weight?

What is your goal weight the chemist has gave you to achieve?

How much more you need to shed?

And how tall are you?

Just my chemist has said when I get to 10.10 stone as this is healthy for a 5'5 ft woman. I want to stay on till am around 9.5-10 stone though :( .

wow let me get you stats

Height------------5'1
Start Weight-----79kg (12st.6)
Current Weight--70kg (11st)
Goal Weight-----58kg (9st) Ideal Weight for my Height.

I have 12kg's to get to my ideal weight, I lost 9kg's in 5 weeks so I would say maybe 7-8 weeks to my goal.

that goal sounds a bit odd as when I spoke to my pharmacist (and my doctor, incidently) she said that the ideal weight for my height ( 5"8) was 10.5st, so it doens't make much sense that you're ideal weight would be higher than mine as you're shorter than me :S
I think 10st, 9st8lbs would prolly be closer to your ideal :)
hope that helped

xxx

my chemist said about 13.5 stone for me being 6 ft.
i quite like the fact that lt have a more realistic target weight than docs etc.
i was once told i should be 10 stone which would make me a size 8-10 and i look really ill!
think its more important that you look and feel better and are happy rather than what the scales say x

My start weight was 19st 6.5lbs

My current weight is 12st 9.5lbs

My goal weight is 11st
This will still class me as obese but i dont really care much for the shoddy bmi chart - i think its poo!!!

So just 24lbs left for me to lose :D

I'm 5ft.6 and the pharmacist gave me a goal weight of 9st 5lbs. so i dont know where your pharmacist got that from do they not have a bmi chart on the wall? mine did.

okay i just went onto dat link and the bmi the pharmacist gave me says i wud be underweight on that one. That doesnt make sense the one in my chemist says i wud be mid healthy weight.

Height ---> 5ft 6inch
Start Weight 1st time round--->99.79kg (15st 10lbs)
Start weight 2nd time round--->92.08kg (14st 7lbs)
Current Weight--->85.25kg (13st 6lbs)
Goal Weight-----58kg (9st) or 9st 7lbs

By christmas, I hope to be at the 11st's, 10st'd would be awesome. For my height, being 5ft 6inch, I am allowed to weigh between 8st 11lbs - 11st 0lbs

I started at 17st 3lbs.
Goal weight around 9st9lbs.
Current weight 10st8lbs. Told I look at this weight!!!
Height 5'4

What was your start weight? - 17 stone

What is your goal weight the chemist has gave you to achieve? - 12 stone (set by me because my chemist has no opinion on anything). Am thinking of changing it to 11 stone though.

How much more you need to shed? - 11lbs (or 1 stone 11lbs depending)

And how tall are you? - 5'9"

I think the chemist should be fine with you losing more though, did you ask? It's definitely more of a personal decision than something based on BMI (I know my goal weight is just into 'healthy' but that actually is coincidental, heh). But, see how you feel when you get there!

Hannah

Height - 178cm/5' 10''
Start Weight - 115.3kg clothed according to pharmacy scales.
Goal Weight - 95kg clothed according to pharmacy scales.

Currently I have 2.5-3kg left to lose, then I am done as such with weight loss via lipotrim, after doing the refeed and normalising on regular food I'm going to then start going to the gym to bring me down to 78-80kg which will land me right into the healthy BMI range.

Thing is, when I once weighed 13st 10lbs a lot of people thought I looked ill, however an interesting point to note is that despite 'only' being 22 over the years I have noticed a change in attitude to what qualifies as a healthy weight.

I know I'm going a little off topic but bear with me. Years and years (when I was 7-8ish) ago I remember a news report talking about the male waist band average going up from 34 inches to 36. Not so long ago (2 years tops) I remembered watching a similar report about how the average had increased from 36 to 38.

A few days ago I was watching a programme on gastric banding with the family and the chief surgeon was a rather gaunt looking individual however was in perfect health according to BMI and his general fitness state in terms of blood pressure etc.

As the public masses in modern times have so many luxury and convenience products available to them combined with a less physically active lifestyle its no wonder that people are gradually getting fatter. I spoke to the mother of a friend of mine who grew up during the post war period and I recall her saying that you very rarely saw overweight people due to the fact the availability of food was rather low but at the same time there were also many more physical jobs being undertaken at the time and people generally had more active lifestyles in terms of walking or cycling everywhere in absence of personal vehicles. At the same time I can't help think of the shows where some hapless celebrity types have had to live with Amazonian tribal families (it was fight orientated if anyone else managed to catch it) and none of the tribes-people looked unhealthy to me.

It doesn't help that a lot of food products these days have so much done to them in terms of additives that they can affect your bodies metabolic reactions, I'm sure anyone who has watched the LT DVD will remember the section on diet drinks and citric acid affecting ketosis, who knows what other effects the chemicals added to foodstuffs can have on us (I'm pretty sure Michael Moore did a film on the US food industry illustrating how pumped up some foods get)? As such once I start refeeding I have divised a series of menus of breakfast, lunch and dinner meals that are designed around eliminated as many 'processing' steps in the food I eat.

So coming back round to where I started, the weight problem we (LT users and the public) have is that we either have a poor relationship with food and our lifestyles (however, this is more due to modern industry moving faster than we can adapt) but at the same time this dysfunction between food availability and personal requirement from food has left a wide spread changing perception of what is healthy.

It appears I've gone on a bit...

What was your start weight? 15st 3lbs

What is your goal weight the chemist has gave you to achieve? 10st 10lbs

How much more you need to shed? 25bs

And how tall are you? 5'6

tanya-jane, how tall r u? as 11 stone puts me in healthy bmi. i dont think much for the chart either, doesnt take anything into consideration like bone size, ive got wide hips but would still be classed as overweight when i dont look it.

x x

i'm with Jenny i was gonna ask how tall you are tanya? i'm aiming for 11st and i'm 5ft 3 and that'll make me overweight but not obese anymore.

just on that, obese is BMI over 30 right? and overweight between 25 - 30? ta!
xx

Im only 5'2 ... shorty! LOL

Being 5'2 and 11st i will still just be in the obese category!
I just dont agree with the bmi chart as it really doesnt take into account personal stuff. Like for example (i use this example all the time) but my brother is only 5'2 also, full of muscle, not an ounce of fat on him and the bmi classes him as obese!!!! Stuff like this should be taken into account and this bmi chart is too broad to cater for every individual.

Anyways LOL I think i will be happy around 11st ... but then again i thought id be happy around 13st ... :giggle:

Jenny, muscle actually doesnt weigh more than fat ... think about it like this, you got 1lb of fat and 1lb of muscle, they both weigh exactly the same its just muscle is more dense and toned etc.

But yeah, bmi should take into account everyones different bodies etc but it never will! :sigh:

muscle actually doesnt weigh more than fat ... think about it like this, you got 1lb of fat and 1lb of muscle, they both weigh exactly the same its just muscle is more dense and toned etc.
Yep. :)

Jenny, muscle actually doesnt weigh more than fat ... think about it like this, you got 1lb of fat and 1lb of muscle, they both weigh exactly the same its just muscle is more dense and toned etc.

But yeah, bmi should take into account everyones different bodies etc but it never will! :sigh:

Another easy way of picturing it is also when you consider physical volume, 1lb of lead is visually a lot smaller than 1lb of feathers.

Thing is unless you have an 'abnormal' body (by which I mean no more muscle/fat than is necessary for your physical needs) then BMI is relatively accurate. If you are an athlete or lumberjack then you're going to weigh more than an average person and thus have a higher BMI but I imagine an 'obese' athlete is going to be a darn sight fitter and healthier than an obese person who doesn't have the same physical demands.

Back