How much should I be eating?

tipperary

Gold Member
OK, so like us all I am trying to loss weight. I'm not on any specific plan. My Samsung health app says as anbinactive person (mild activity 3 times a week) I need 1900 cal. I have it set at 1800 but I don't go mad calorie counting either.
Question is how much grammes or percentages of carbs/protein/fat should I be consuming. I see some people list theirs. I have always been carb heavy and protein light. I struggle to eat red meat and fish. My diet has changed to be more plant based and I have upped the pulses and legumes to increase the protein and drastically reduced the fat.
Any suggestions, thanks

Hi, and welcome along. Your carb intake etc all depends on what type of plan you are following. A standard healthy balanced programme suggests at least a third of your plate should be vegetables (not including potatoes), a fist size portion of carbs and a palm of your hand sized portion of protein. As to how much you should be eating, it's not really quantity, it's more what your body benefits from what you're eating, and how satisfied your hunger is and for how long. I never let myself go hungry. I eat good sized nutritionally balanced meals, and never deprive myself. I have tried low carb in the past, and whilst I lost weight quickly, I made myself ill, craved carbs, and piled it all back on again. I now NEVER crave anything, as I seem to have a good balance of everything. If I fancy a treat, I won't stop myself.

Back