How Much Water/Liquid is too Much?

Maliumpkin

Hi all!

So I have been on Exante for 10 weeks (today is day 70). I have lost 71.25 lbs in that time, which I am obviously super happy about! I have been 100% on plan, except for a couple of occassions when I ate chicken. I stayed in ketosis, so I don't count this at "cheating"!

I drink about 4-5 litres of water a day, plus an additional 2+ litres of green tea. Slightly less on the weekends.

I would like to reach 100 pounds by day 100, which I know is a hard/big ask, but I like having goals to work towards. Plus, I'm off to Florida in 31 days so I'd like as much off as possible.

I am walking about 3.5 miles a day (in three batches, not all at once), and I am thinking of increasing this slightly and my water intake. Does any one know, or have an opinion on how much liquid is too much? I wake at 6am, drink a litre straight off, then the rest is throughout the day (until 10pm).

Also, I know that pushing myself too hard exercise wise can halt weight loss, so does anyone have an opinion on this too? Looking at increasing my walk to 5 miles every weekday; a mile in the morning, a mile and a half at lunch, a mile and a half later afternoon, and a mile early evening. I don't walk too fast, and do a mile in about 20 minutes (if I'm late for the bus!).

All comments/advice greatly recieved!

That's a cracking weight loss in that time, virtually a pound a day ! :D
I'm not sure you should change anything in your exante routine. :)
Is there any point in trying to fix it, if it's not broke ?;)

Hi,

Thaks for the response. You are probably right; things have been going really well for me and I shouldn't try to fix what ain't broke! I am now 80lbs down and counting. Very much looking forward to breaking the 100lbs mark.

Still a long way to go for me, but I am happy to take each day at a time. People are starting to notice/comment on the loss - it only took 11 weeks and 80lbs!!

Thanks again,

Rachel

I hope you get as close to your target as possible. You really are doing amazing, regardless :D

Hi Rachel,
It's been a while since you posted this but I wondered how you got on??

When I was very successful on LL a few years ago, I used to find 4L of water plenty in a day - they told us to think if our body like a water wheel and sip slowly and continually over the day, rather than downing whole bottles in one go.

There are horror stories about people dying from necking 5-10L in one sitting but as long as you sip slowly throughout the day, I think you can just drink to thirst.

A :)

Back