how much weight to lose

i have lost in total 8lb and have noticed the differene by my clothes losen and the shape around areas of my body have changed - also proof is in the pudding (the scales) :)

i take it gradually 1lb week - started off difficult but now mostly 'in the zone' i want to lose three stone as i want feel healthy and i am 5'2!! what about yourself??? 15lb is impressive :)

Hi Cara,
It tends to be at around the Club 10 mark - so it's different for everyone, if you have lots to lose then it will probably take longer before people notice, if you don't have much then it will be sooner.
People noticed with me at the 10% loss mark and the same for my friends. It's quite remarkable!

Don't forget though, if people don't know you are trying to lose weight then they may be reluctant to comment - people are often worried about saying the wrong thing!

Looking at your stats, that's in another 4.5%! The main thing is that you have lost 15lb, you know, you feel good and that's all that matters hun!

I first noticed in myself when Id lost around 9-10lbs. People noticed in me when Id lost around 1st. Its different with each person but on average Id say maybe 1st - 1 & a half really notices.

Im not too sure as I worked my 10% out different to my consultant! She had it all noted on SW cards so you could find out for sure. Im sure maybe in another half a stone it will notice much more :)

As the others have said, it varies from person to person. Ive lost nearly 6 and half stone, but its only now that I have really felt thinner (in myself), Ive had loads of compliments from around 2 1/2 stone mark, but couldnt see it.
I want to loose another 5 stone.

Hi, I have 5 stone to lose in total. People started noticing from 1 stone (however, I was talking about it all the time). However, I could not see a difference until 1 and a half stone (which coincides with my club 10). Being able to see a difference myself helped to motivate me; it depressed me to just see the difference on the scales and I did not believe people when they said they could see a difference.

As the others have said, it varies from person to person. Ive lost nearly 6 and half stone, but its only now that I have really felt thinner (in myself), Ive had loads of compliments from around 2 1/2 stone mark, but couldnt see it.
I want to loose another 5 stone.
WOW that's great mrs v how long has it taken to lose that amount?

Hi, I have 5 stone to lose in total. People started noticing from 1 stone (however, I was talking about it all the time). However, I could not see a difference until 1 and a half stone (which coincides with my club 10). Being able to see a difference myself helped to motivate me; it depressed me to just see the difference on the scales and I did not believe people when they said they could see a difference.
I know what you mean Tracy i don't feel like it's made a difference but i think i need to lose another 12lb before my 10% so maybe then

Cara, that's OVER A STONE you've lost. Say it with me. OVER A STONE!

That's BRILLIANT hun. I had a consultant once who said that 10lbs = 1 dress size. Once you've lost a couple of dress sizes, in 5lbs time, treat yourself to something new and fitting and you'll feel a million dollars and it will spur you on!

Wow is that true??!! Ive lost 21lbs & although my jeans are lose (the weight went straight from my waist) I cant yet fit into the next size down...

I dunno hun, that's just what she said as an average. I mean give it a week or so for your body to catch up with your weight loss and see! Lots of factors contribute to dress size downage though - I reckon toning exercises might help you get into that next size down without actually losing any more weight, and the first couple of weeks are what I call the 'Poo Poo/Pee Pee' weeks, where you're doing more colon flush than fat flush - so depending where you're at with SW, depends on whether you get into your dress or not.

Does that make any sense? I hope so! :rolleyes:

thanks for your comments, yes i'm pleased i've lost a stone but my clothes still feel the same i think :confused: i have a dress i bought for my son's wedding that is a little too tight that i would love to wear in 19 days time when he get's married so here's hoping with all my fingers and toes crossed!

what you could try to help with motivation is keep an item of clothing that orginal fited you and try it on when down, it can help you feel better about yourself and you will notice the difference :)

what you could try to help with motivation is keep an item of clothing that orginal fited you and try it on when down, it can help you feel better about yourself and you will notice the difference :)

That is a very posative way of doing things, rather than trying to get into something a tad tight (like I do!!) and finding I am not there yet trying some 'old' clothes on and notcing the difference is a better way of doing things

hi, i have lost 21.5 lbs and no one has noticed other than my family and them who know i am doing slimming world but i think they only say u can tell just to make me feel better ha, but i have another 36lb to loose so i hope everyone notices when i reach target or i will be devestated xxx

Back